Hi everyone I’m Christine

Christinee

I have stage 1 non small lc, confirmed after a pet scan and biopsy almost a month ago. When I write or speak the words lung cancer it’s still so strange to me. I’ve never smoked but my parent did.  Mine first was seen on a ct scan I had done. I recently had my lobe removed and feel pretty good actually. I sill don’t know the details yet but I’m hopeful I won’t need any additional treatment.  I am going through some strange emotions, almost like a guilt. Am I even allowed to post here? When I read everyone’s stories it breaks my heart. ♥️ Nice to meet you all. What a wonderful group of people.

Hi Christinee 

Nice to meet you welcome and of course you are allowed here, sorry you have to be here though, but it really is a great community and very supportive it certainly helped me through some rough times, please don't feel bad about surviving this horrible disease that's everyones hope on this forum there are so many survival stories it's fantastic and makes all the difference to our moral,

Goodluck with your results and hopefully no further treatment will be needed and you can get on with living your life as you should be,

All the best Take care Justin x

Hi Christine. It's a scary diagnosis and a rollercoaster of emotions no matter what stage you are in. Here's hoping you are finished with this and need no further treatment. No guilt! We are all in different stages and points in our treatment, and as Justin said, it is always wonderful to hear good news.

Peace and love,

Laural

Christine,

You not only can post here, but we are glad you found us.  Our forums offer a lot of great information and our Lungevity Family offers great support based on the personal experience of many survivors (like yourself).  Feel free to ask any questions you may have and even though you had your initial diagnosis and treatment (surgical in this case) you should take a look at a blog titled, "10 Steps to Surviving Lung Cancer; From a Survivor".  It can be found here.  

So glad to hear that your recovery is going well and that is something to celebrate.  I've also had periods where I felt "guilt" over my case when compared to others and while that is an understandable emotion it is misplaced.  Life deals what it may to us and just as we shouldn't compare our lot to someone having (at least to the casual observer) an easier time of it than us we should also not do the inverse.  Celebrate your victories and good news.  Enjoy them and get back to enjoying the life that you once feared would be short.

I hope to hear more from you as time goes on (scan updates, etc.).  As long as you're here you will not be alone.

Lou

Hi Christine please don't feel guilty. Cancer is a huge shock and life changing event regardless of stage. It brings with it the same fears and emotions. Luckily advances in treatment have come so far that there are success stories of many people with stage 4 lung cancer. There's hope and treatment at every stage. Yes the higher the stage, the more the cancer has progressed but no stage is hopeless. Also the stages are used to guide treatment for example treatment for stage 1 is different from treatment for stage 3. Most people with stage 3 aren't candidates for surgery. My mum was diagnosed with stage 3B and she couldn't have surgery but she had radiotherapy, chemo and immunotherapy and she's been NED for over 2 years. She has her routine scan next week so fingers crossed that she's still NED. 

Hi Christine, welcome to the family. It is so fortunate that your cancer was caught in the early stages. This forum has members diagnosed at all stages, and your voice is as important as those of us in later stages. I was diagnosed 3 years ago at inoperable Stage 3b, had chemo and radiation, am on a targeted therapy and am NED. Live your life and enjoy yourself. Don't let survivor's guilt get in your way.