Jump to content



Recommended Posts

I’ve just been told I have hypersensitivity pneumonitis.  It’s progressive and I can hardly walk to the kitchen without having to to go into a gasping spell. My doctor just put me on Cellcept.  It will take Time.
any tips on what do to?







Link to comment
Share on other sites


Welcome here. Unfortunately, other that the article on Wikipedia about hypersensitivity pneumonitis that described its cause as inhaling molds, toxins or other lung irritants, I don't have a clue as to treatments.

Are you seeing a pulmonologist? This type of ailment is normally treated by this medical discipline.

Stay the course.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom ,

yes I’m seeing a pulmonary doctor. In fact this is the third. The first one was too busy to really give me the attention the matter deserved. The second one was good but referred me to an interstitial Lung disease specialist. 

the specialist knows his stuff. I started Cellcept today and it helps! After one pill capsule I am feeling better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.