Diagnosed in December 2022

RTinMD

I recently was diagnosed - out of the blue (and hopefully not into the black). No symptoms until my brief episode and was very quickly diagnosed via a CT guided lung biopsy. I have an EGFR + lung cancer with some spread to the lining of the brain (leptomeningeal enhancement) which was diagnoses after a brief episode of aphasia (difficulty finding my words). I feel ok now - the episode which was transient and I have no symptoms now. I finished my first week of osimiternib (which I am sure I will misspell more than once) and am really starting this journey. I am 54 , otherwise healthy and working to adjust to this new normal. Still a little shell shocked but I am blessed to have such great support from my family, friends and colleagues and am glad to have found this group. I hope to do whatever I can , in any way, as I navigate this illness, to help anyone else out there who I can because I know that all the words of encouragement, prayers , thoughts have made a world of difference for me. 

Thanks 

RT 

Welcome to the club no one ever wanted to join. You'll soon hear from several others on the forum who have a lot of great advice to offer. I'm so happy that you have a great support system - it really does make a difference. We have a lot of long term survivors on here. Their stories got me through this and will help you, too. Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi RT

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear your going through this it is a difficult journey but easier with a good support network of family and friends, please keep us updated on how you get on,

All the best Take care Justin 

Sorry you have to join us but welcome RT to this wonderful forum, and to team Tagrisso (Osimertinib) in particular. Diagnosed last Spring at 49, I am on this targeted therapy too since Sep 2022. Had surgical resection and chemo before that. Hopefully your cancer responds marvellously to this targeted therapy. Take care!

Who would have ever thought that the central nervous system would be so appealing to lung cancer! I am glad you received a prompt diagnosis; I'm glad that you have made your way here. 

Karen