Scan results

Pstar

Well I had brain mri and ct scans on Jan 20.  The brain scan showed that the gamma knife did its job and the metastasis is gone with no new lesions but there is faint enhancement along my optical and auditory canals. I am having a repeat mri on Feb 10. The ct scan showed that my lung nodule had grown slightly from 1.8cm to 2 cm. The mass on my right adrenal gland that has been stable all along has now grown from 2.5 cm to 3.5 cm. I am having a pet scan on Feb 7 to address those issues. 

So glad to hear that your brain met(s) have not returned.  In December I remember a post from you that you were "still stable".  Did you have a scan at that time as well?  The lung nodule growth is very slight and I've heard that some things (position, etc.) can affect a CT Scan result regarding size.  I pray that is the case here.  The adrenal gland growth is more concern at a 1 cm growth.  Has that mass been confirmed as a malignancy? I'm sorry if you mentioned it before and I just don't remember).  

Lou

Lou,

When I had my original pet scan in Nov 2021, the adrenal mass was labeled as a myelolipoma. It has been stable since then until the Jan scan. If the pet scan I have on Feb 7 shows avidity, then I will have a biopsy. My previous ct and brain mri were in Oct. which showed stability in the lung but the metastasis in the brain for which I had gamma knife. I didn’t have any scans in Dec.