dad is stage IIIB

Guest jameboz

Guest jameboz
:shock: So confused. My dad was diagnosed with Stage IIIB LC on 2/5/04. Lynphnode involvement for sure, but how much not clear. Dr.'s not very helpful in offering any information. Just started chemo and radiation combo. They tell him he's non-operable. Looking for prognosis, apart from statistics. My dad's only 49, good health overall. Personal stories would be helpful. Statistics dont really help. Thanks jamie

Jamie,

My dx is very similar to your dad's. I am 52 and have survived 2 years this June. My health continues to get better. Welcome to the board. You will find lots of information and great support here. The people on this board are the best. My best to you and your dad. John M

Jamie,

The reason you had to come here saddens me, but I am glad you found us. I am about your dad's age and I never dreamed this would happen to me at what I considered a young age. I also have stage IIIB orStage IV, inoperable. Dxed about a month ago. I am still reeling somewhat. I am sorry you are not getting adequate information from the Drs. Pls press the Doctors and make them communicate--it's part of their job. There is paperwork that your dad can sign that allows the drs to talk to you about anything dealing with your dad's case.

I have a son, 23 and daughter 25. How old are you? DO you live close to him? How are you handling things--how about the rest of your family? THere are many good stories here--my story is just unfolding. If you ever want to talk, just PM me and I will respond.

This is a good place to come and get information and also to be able to open up honestly about what you and your family is going through.

People here care.

I will keep your family in my thoughts

Elaine

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jamie,

My name is Dee, I'm 45 now, and I have stage IIIB lung cancer. My cancer is also in my lymph nodes and is inoperable. I was just turning 44 when I was diagnosed. I have completed my chemo and radiation and feel really good now. Everything is stable. There is hope. Best wishes to you and your dad.

Dee