Was just trying to live my life……..

Barb1260

Then I got my 6 month CT results-new 0.3cm ground glass nodule that wasn’t there on previous CT. What exactly does ground glass mean?  That term has never been used before in the 4+ years I’ve been dealing with this. Seeing the oncologist Monday so I don’t have to worry too long but this is worrisome to me right now 

Sorry to hear you are having to worry about this, bummer. As I know ground glass can be anything including many benign conditions like infection but could also indicate malignancy. Try not to overthink this weekend and hopefully your oncologist will have more reassuring info Mon.

Did you have radiotherapy? Ground glass is typical of radiotherapy induced damage and is often benign. So try not to worry until you talk to medical team.

Honest question: here in the UK, our scan reports are never released until after we have seen our medical team. Although it can be an annoying wait, I am getting more and more convinced that it is the right way to go, to save a lot of agony over unclear results. What do you Americans think?

I had radiation 4 years ago. Thanks I didn’t know this. As far as the reports, this is a fairly new law in the US, a few years, they have to be released as soon as available. I would rather have them before I get to the doctors office so I have my questions lined up. The few times at the beginning when I didn’t have the results and it was bad news I just went blank and couldn’t think of what to ask. 

@Barb1260, I have ground glass opacities obscuring the site of my tumor and extending beyond. Mine are a side effect of radiation and immunology. While they seem to be lessening, I’ll probably always have something. GGO, as I understand mine, are a form of inflammation that are broadly aligned with the family of interstitial lung diseases, or ILD. 

I’ve had nodules pop up; I’ve been told they need to be a certain size before action should be taken. Mine have shown up on one scan, only to be gone the next. If they are considered active cancer, my radiologist says, “they will announce themselves.” By growing, she adds. 

Hang in. You’ll get through it. And, keep us posted. 

I’m glad to have test results as soon as they are complete, @RJN. Then I can research, gather information,  and prepare questions. 

Hi Karen-that’s exactly what the oncologist told me today. Says I will always have “busy” lungs from the radiation. So we are just watching and doing another CT in 3 months. She said she is not worried about this at all. So if she’s not worried I’m not wasting my time being worried. 

Hi barb

I know aswell as the rest how difficult this journey is for us,the waiting for results here in the UK is typically 2 weeks and it can be the longest 2 weeks ever but I've kind of got used to it now, I really hope it's nothing to worry about and that your oncologist is right and it's nothing to worry about, you know your body and if you feel at all different then push for testing ,

All the best Take care Justin