CamperJOnes (Linda)

KatieB

KatieB -

Thanks for thinking of us! She is scheduled to come home today. She is not eating well nor drinking but the doctors seem to think that due to the depression of her cancer and her heart attack that being in familiar surroundings will help her slowly fight her way back. This is going to be a difficult time for us as she is now so weak that standing is almost impossible. They claim it is due to the steriods that cause this leg wasting so we will see if in home physical therapy will help her get back on her feet. She is now permanently on oxygen so we are learning how to watch her "sat levels" to keep from having another "heart event" due to lack of oxygen. She has developed a small bed sore which we have to get healed as soon as possible so we will HAVE to get her eating and up moving around. I really do think that she has had some mental deficits due to the heart attack but they are minor so we can deal with that. Her hair is coming out by the hands full just from one Chemo session so I will probably be trying to get her hair cut short or look for a wig. We try to see the "lighter side" of these circumstances so whatever we can do to make her laugh - that is our goal. Thanks for everyone's support and prayers and I will let you know how it goes once she is here and settled. Hugs, Linda

I glad she will be coming home today. Being in a familiar place, feeling loved and secure and sure do wonders. My dad got really bad in December, could barely stand on his own and was in the hospital for over a week. We didn't think he'd make it home. BUT HE DID and he's still fighting today and walking about the house (some) and going out 1-2 times a week with us and doing 99% better. I have faith your mom can do this too! Laughter goes a LONG way and its a strong spirit who can laugh in difficult times! WIll be praying for you and your family! Keep us posted!