Tbone's last radiation treatment!

DeanCarl

Hey guys,

I just noticed in another thread that our "good ol' southern boy", Tbone is scheduled for his LAST radiation treatment today! I also noticed he said he felt so bad he woke up not wanting to go. Well Mr. Bone.... Bad, shmad! Ya'll BETTER go get that last treatment or I will PERSONALLY ride my scooter all the way to Georgia and thump you up 'long side the head!

Seriousely (now I KNOW that's not spelled right), let me be the first here to congratulate you on getting through the radiation treatments. I can't say I know how you feel since I haven't experienced it, but from what I've seen you've been through the wringer and have done it well.

Here's a prayer sent your way that you will recover your strenght and stamina post haste, bro!

Dean

I remember having to be dragged kicking and screaming into my last radiation treatment as well. I cried all the way there saying "I just can't do it".......but we CAN do it and we somehow muddle through!

Congrats TBone on making it through radiation and out the other side! Like Maryann said above -- get some much needed rest and lots of much needed healthy nutrition to help your body repair itself from all the damage that radiation just inflicted!

Heather

First, Dean....it's "seriously".

Second, TBone - get in there and get it done! Last one! Won't have to be doing THAT again, rest up, get a hammock out in the yard and enjoy the copperheads and Louisiana yard dogs. (Can't 'member if yer a country boy or a city boy, my apologies..)

Looking forward to hearing from you upon the completion of that 48-96 hour nap you'll probably be taking... :wink:

Becky

Yay! And look at it this way T-bone, if you woke up feeling good, you STILL would not have wanted to go to radiation; I am sure you would have rather taken in a good movie ;) I am glad you are finished with this part!

HI all,

Thanks so much for all the congrats and encouragement.I did the last zap yesterday.I feel a whole lot better this morning.I am sure that comes from just not having to deal with it anymore for a while.I still have no appetite and am fatiqued but I feel both of those getting slightly better just cause I want them to.If I keep my attitude positive and keep getting the positive vibes from all of you I am sure I will be back to norm soon.Baseball season has started for one son and tennis for the other and I have been missing games due to fatique.I hated that.Gonna make one for sure today.I had no idea that radiation would tear me down so bad.I guess I never got over the whole brain before I started the other but it really was exhausting.I don't want to scare anyone going into it but be prepared to sleep a bunch.As far as eating goes.Does anyone have a tasty suggestion on calorie boosters?I have lost 13 lbs and want to get them back.I have tried Boost and Ensure but have to force them

down.They taste awful.Any secret recipes would be appreciated.And I am a country boy for those that didn't know.30 miles to fast food.And I love it.

I hope all of you have a great day.Sunny and 75 forecast for here.I am going to go to ViVi's house to fish for a while.TBone :lol:

They sell weight gain powder at good health food stores. It is full of vitamins and packs a bunch of calories. You cannot drink the full amount recomended for a day but you can drink two or three glasses per day mixed to taste with milk. It tastes a lot better than ensure or boost. It is very expensive but my husband loved it and it sustained him well.

Thanks for the tip, Hollyridge. I know TBone won't be able to find any of that weight gain powder in his neck of the woods (and I don't think he'll be catching it with a cane pole and worms!), so I'll go get some to ship down to him today. Didn't know such a thing existed!

Glad you sound better this morning, TBone. Love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck. And if I win the lottery on that ticket you suggested I buy, we're going somewhere FUN!!

Thanks to you all -

TeeTaa

Tbone (and family)

Weight Gainner 2200. Comes in all kinds of flavors. Worked wonders for me. You can make up a power shake with it using milk and your favorite ice cream in a blender. Can be found at Rite Aid, Savon, GMC and, I expect, a lot of other places.

I lost 40 pounds just before my dx (but, then again, I had 40 pounds to lose! :)) and it put a stop to the loss right away.

Dean

Well, TBone, what I ate for the "chub" part was Double Stuf Oreos with a big glass o' whole milk (70 calories per cookie)...extra thick milkshakes or malts are good, using sherbet instead of ice cream to make a shake was surprisingly good (a hospital "liquid diet" treat)... Some of the suggestions the dietician made to add calories was to mix anything powdered that called for water or skim milk with whole milk, cream or ice cream...

I had a strawberry daiquiri mix (can't remember the brand name, but the "jug" came with a handle on each side and it's offered in many flavors) that I mixed with ice cream (no booze) for that extra fruity flavor (it wasn't strawberry season yet)...

OR, give me your address and I'll just come down and give you a fat transplant, from my butt to yours, okay?? :roll:

Take care! Glad you're finished with THAT leg of the journey...

Becky

TBone....Hopefully you're on the backside of treatment for awhile. You've worked hard and you deserve the break. I don't know much about weight gain programs and I've never had radiation...so I'm not much help there. But I want you to know I'm in the bleachers with all the other board members cheering you on. My best to you.....

T-Bone, my Buddy hated both the boost and the other one you mentioned. He could down Carnation Instant Breakfast. Try putting ice cream with it for added weight.

That radiation will keep you down for a little bit more then you will start to feel better I am sure. Keep positive or I will get your family on you and boy, you sure don't want that.

TBone, I've been away from the message boards for a few days -- sorry this is late, but congatulations on finishing radiation!!!

As for the weight gain strageties, I'm with the other Becky-- I'd give you a lot of mine if I could. I don't suppose biscuits and gravy sounds good? (That would be my first choice if I was in Georgia and in need of calories!)

Better listen to Norme and buck up -- You sure don't want her siccing your family on you. :lol:

Hope you caught some fish to celebrate.

BeckyCW