New to the forum

Mayd1984

Hi there!

My name is May Ogilvie. I'm 38F diagnosed May, 2nd 2022 with Pulmonary adenocarcinoma with enteric differentiation stage 2b in my lower right lobe. The cancer measured just over 6cm. Last year I had 4 rounds of chemo and 3 rounds of immunotherapy and a lobectomy via thoracotomy. I'm happy to report that I'm cured. I'm located just outside Houston, TX. All my treatments were at MD Anderson.

I'm a wife and a mother to a fun loving 2 year old girl. 

I'm here to connect with anyone and especially other moms out there with young kiddos to say, you can be a mom and kick cancers butt too. 

My next scan is 3/31/23 hoping I'm still cancer free.

Hi May,

Sorry you need to be here, but glad you found our forums.  I'm glad to hear that you outcome is a good one.  I was diagnosed with lung cancer in Feb 2019 and had surgery that May.  I was stage1a so I was not offered any chemo adjuvant therapy.  There is a lot of great LC (lung cancer) information here and I'm sure you'll be hearing from many others like yourself (a mom, chemo/surgery, etc.) very soon and they will share their experiences with you.  In the meantime you might want to increase your knowledge (something we actively promote here) by taking a look at our "Lung Cancer 101" section, that can be found here.  I can't wait to hear good results of your next scan (May).  

Lou

Hi May and welcome to the club no one wants to join! I was incidentally diagnosed last year at 49, NSCLC EGFR mutation. I am a mom of a first grader. It was the shock of my life. One 5 cm tumor but staged 3b as one mediastinal node was positive. Had lobectomy with negative margins then adjuvant chemo then adjuvant targeted therapy now. What a tough year it has been but I am here with my boy and husband and to date scan renain NED. Hope for many years of same.

Hi May! Welcome to an awesome group of people. It's unusual to hear the word cured in lung cancer circles, but it's also nice. I wish you all the best on your upcoming scans! Mine are next Monday; I'll be thinking of you.