Possible adrenal recurrence

RJN

So, my latest scan had a slightly suspicious finding that my adrenal gland seemed to have grown from 1.1cm to 1.6cm. So not nothing, but also close to margin of error according to the oncologist. But he was clearly concerned and would take it up at next conference to review with radiologist and clinical team. I had SABR to the adrenal a year ago, but at the time the metastasis was so small that the team actually struggled to plan the treatment. So there is a possibility they just didn’t get it. My oncologists plan is (if the conference agrees), is to send me to a PET and then consider either surgery or reblasting with SABR. 
I am not panicking but of course deflated. I could tell that both my oncologists (medical and clinical) were surprised and disappointed, as I have been a success story so far, and we had all hoped that I would be among the few who could just coast along.

Mainly just an update, but if you have any thoughts or advice I would be grateful. 

Rikke,

I've had no experience myself with anything on my adrenals, but it's hopeful to hear that the "growth" is within the margin of error and I hope that is all it turns out to be.  My prayers for a definitive PET Scan that is negative for any malignancy.

Lou

Hi Rikke…I hope that your pet scan shows no malignancy. I just completed SBRT on my right adrenal gland for a 3.5cm mass. Have CT scan on May 10th. Radiation oncologist said that on the quick setup scan it looked like the mass had already shrunk a little. Hoping she is right. Praying for good results for you.

Pam

Rikke,

I had SABR (Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy--a new acronym for SBRT [Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy]) as the treatment that finally eliminated my troubling recurring lung tumor. My radiation oncologist told me there was a small chance of a miss. This Stanford Health article pegs the chance at 10-percent. I do hope it gets blasted or surgically removed the second time around.

Stay the course.

Tom

Rikke,

Whoever thought waiting was easy never had lung cancer....

I'm so sorry about this  latest wrinkle. I also appreciate how carefully your team is watching and caring for you; it's great that you will have multiple eyes on the case. The good news is that the change is just on the verge of being outside the margin of error. These stupid cells are easy to miss, I have come to observe.... 

I have nothing new to offer, just hearty hopes that they blast that little sucker to kingdom come. 

Hang in.

Karen