No chemo for my Dad

Guest KellyB

Guest KellyB

Thanks for all the replies yesterday, my fathers oncologist will not try chemo due to my fathers weak condition. He is still in hospital getting treated for infection. The doctor explained, if he is too sick to get to my office he cannot possibly take the treatment, he was going to try cist/ taxotere. Our only hope now is the iressa which will start Friday. He has already warned us not to pin any great hope on it. As a family we are devasted. We spend all day at the hospital and look at him thinking "How much time does he have with us?" Still thru it all we laugh and cry together. My Dad still makes jokes as he always has and remains a fighter. My three daugters are my biggest worry. When I wke up in the morning my stomach aches and my heart sinks thinking of this nightmare. I do not even tell most of my friends what's going on because I don't want their pity(It sounds terrible, I know) but I can't help it. I am not sure aboput Iressa so I would appreciate any feedback. My father cannot receive radiation due to his lung capacity.

Thank you to all hopes and prayers always............Kel

Kelly,

The Iressa has worked very well for me. The hope is maybe the Iressa will stop the cancer growth, so your dad can get healthy enough to withstand the standard treatments. I have learned through all this that no one person reacts thae same to the various treatments.

Take care and good luck John M.

I know your pain, I know your gut fear. I can't make it better or make it dissappear. I still have flash back to the day mom passed and as hard as I bawled and wept, I found some solice knowing her suffering was over. She was free from cancer and pain and chemo and her self respect being taken away and needles and hospitals.

I know I am not spreading hope, but make each second count and fill them up. you will find comfort in that.

KellyB

I wish I had the right words that would take it all away. I wish SOMEONE, ANYONE did. I have no idea about Iressa or any other chem, but all I want to say is to just love your dad and just keep loving him. Thats' what he needs, your family's love. I pray he regains his strength and that all things good come your family's way.

Elaine