Off to see the wizard............. oopps, Doctor

MO_Sugar

I am headed out to see my Oncologist about what we are going to try this time to get this dang beast under control. The antibiotics have not really done anything as far as reducing the size of my lymph nodes so I am assuming it is from the cancer and not an infection (dang it). He mentioned on Tuesday when I called that we may look at a different form of chemo as he didn't think the topotecan was working very well (and it WAS letting my hair come in, dang it again). I will know tonight what we are doing and I will let you all know then. Thank you all for being there when needed. You are all such a blessing and I know that is why God has brought us all together.

God Bless you all,

MO

Mo

It could be a stubborn infection. I know how you feel about one thing. I think it was a miracle that I found this site and the people on it. As a show-me state girl like yourself, I am rooting hard for you. Show those ugly cells the exit sign-- I will think of you all day and hope for the best.

Elaine

Well, this is where we are at.................. I have started Taxol (once a week) and Carboplatinum (once every 3rd week). I am also going to start a Neupogen shot every morning to try and keep my counts from dropping off the chart like they did the first time I had the carboplatinum. While getting the pre-med I noticed I was feeling a bit "woozy" :shock: so I told my nurse about it. She thinks it was from the Benadryl since I had never had that in an IV before. Sort of gave me a "stoned" :roll: feeling (from what I have had described to me as I was NEVER one to do that sort of thing in college). Lasted a couple of hours and then it was gone. Also broke down and ask my Dr. for a handicap plate form so I can get new tags for my car. I held off as long as I could :( !

Anyway, thats where we are at, I am fighting, my Doctor is fighting and the rest is in God's hands!

God Bless you all,

MO

Mo,

You are an awsome lady. I also had Taxol/Carboplatin. The Pre-meds they gave me also included Benedryl. I felt the same way you did. I would just lay back in the chair and take a nap for a couple of hours. It's to make sure you are not alergic to the chemo you are getting. Praying for good results and knock this bad boy in the bud. It worked for me along with my #1 physicians guidance. I know you have SCLC, I had NSCLC. Notice I said had. I think positive that it is gone...

Blessings, prayers and gentle hugs from So. California,

Karen

I used to be a show me state girl. Born and raised there... 8)