Iressa and side effects

Guest kayd64

Guest kayd64

I have a question that maybe some of you can answer for me.

My Husband is taking Iressa, has been on it for about 7 weeks, he has a lot of nausea and diarrhea from it,also has the rash, he is now on a low fiber diet, and eating a lot of pedilyte popcycles, so far nothing has worked for either of the two problems, he is getting very discouraged, says he wants to continue with it for at least three months to see if it is working but can't stand feeling sick all the time, it really takes away from the quality of life. Has any one else had this problem and what have the doctors given for the nausea? He is taking lomotil for the diarrhea, which seems to work most of the time. I have ask the oncologist for something for him for the nausea and all he has recomended is Reglin which has done nothing. Kay

Husband Ray dxd with NSCLC (adenocarsamona) sept 18 2004

6 round chemo Carboplatin and Taxotere

plesently has had 20 radiation treatments with 12 to go

met to brain one small lesion, gannaknife treatment, successful.

Treat every day as a gift, We never know what the future holds.

Guest kayd64

Thank you so much for you help, I had some ativan the doc. had given me for anxiety when Ray was first dxd, so I gave him one this morning, he has not been nauseaed all day, a first in 7 weeks. Kay

Thank your so much for you help, I had some ativan the doc. had given me for anxiety when Ray was first dxd, so I gave him one this morning, he has not been nauseaed all day, a first in 7 weeks. Kay