We got GOOD news !!!!

Guest Tim'sKathy

Guest Tim'sKathy

Just got back from Tim's 5th Carbo/Taxol treatment....before the treatment we saw Dr. E and she came in smiling and said "I suppose you want the good news"..

The CT scans that they took last week show that there is NO progression and that the mass in the lower lobe of his right lung is shrinking. They couldn't be specific about how much as the initial CT scan was hard to read because of all the fluid..BUT, the fluid is just about gone and she said that that means what ever was there that was irritating the lining of the lung to create the fluid is no longer doing that so it has to be getting a lot smaller. She also said that there is only one lymph node that is just a bit enlarged, but within normal range......

Phew...

Tim is not estatic as I am...because he still has to go through getting sick at least 2 more times, but this was such good news...I almost went through a box of tissues !

AND...to top off our day, they approved Iressa today !!!!

God is listening....

Kathy

Kathy!

I just knew you'd have good news! Sometimes I just get this "feeling"....

I'm so happy for you. Just wanted you to know...Mike always played it "low key" when we got good news too.

In fact, some of his "lowest points" emotionally was after the good news.

Just wanted you to know that and be prepared if that happens.

Love and hugs,

Tim's Kathy, and Kathy's Tim!

Wow that is AWESOME news!! I am so very happy for you BOTH!!! Tell Tim it's okay to celebrate the good stuff, besides, none of us may be here tomorrow so he'll have to get all the gusto today!!!! :wink: ENJOY the MOMENT!!! Also, it's okay to be happy tell him, the cancer won't mind if he laughs or enjoys a day here and there!!! Besides, his cancer is on it's way OUT HERE !!! HOORAY!!!!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Guest Tim'sKathy

Thanks everyone !!!!! It felt so good to finally have some good news ! You all have no idea how much I appreciate you being here !!!!

Kathy