9 days post surgery

I’m 9 days post surgery and I’m doing ok.  Still very uncomfortable where they took the chest tube out (pulls and pinches) and sleeping on my back is getting old.  I am pushing myself to  walk 3 times per day, 1 mile each time and move about the house in between. The stairs are a challenge from a breathing standpoint but that’s slowly improving. My spirometer is getting a regular workout. Although this hasn’t been as easy as I thought it would be, I think I’m progressing. Some days are better than others which I think is pretty normal. 

So good hearing from you, Blossom!  I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing.  Glad you are progressing if even slower than you thought or hoped.  Better it's normal range though from what you say....  Thinking about Lou's naps after being up and about short periods after his surgery....

You are doing just fine.  Keep active and listen to your body it will tell you when to rest.  The spirometer is your best friend right now, so keep on using it.  The chest tube wound bothered me for months.  Sometimes it still itches/burns a bit today, but nothing to write home about.  You're moving, walking, breathing, and healing.  Keep up the good work!

Lou

Good to hear from you again, Blossom.  Glad (and not surprised) you're continuing to make slow even while steady progress.  Interested in what your surgeon says.... Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...

I echo the don't push TO hard. I am convinced that is what caused my PE but who knows?

Watch your ankles. If they swell up call your onc immediately. If you do develop a clot want to catch soon!

Keep on trucking