Anyone else planning a Walk for Nov. 6th? Want to ???

Guest reneekoz

Guest reneekoz

We have some great momentum going, and have a walk on Nov. 6th in Cal & Chicago, and perhaps New Jersey! I think this will definately help us get some nationwide publicity for lung cancer! Is anyone else considering organizing such a walk, even if small? Again, I will help as much as I can!

Renee

I will help too if anyone wants to get involved! Renee's e-mail inspired me to take this on and I am loving every second of it! Renee is the expert and master, I am her protege and learning, so if I can give input, please let me know!!!

The Hoag Cancer Center, a prominent hospital in Southern Ca was so excited that finally something is being done. So many people want to reach out and help.

Besides helping out for a great cause, if you get involved, you will personally be blessed by so many people :) Everyone says "g-d bless you" to me for doing this, even if they turn me down for what I ask for ;) heeheeheheheh.

We are planning to have a walk in Michigan this year. We are planning on having it in Sept due to the weather. We are just starting to plan so I don't even have a sight yet but I do have a lot of people how have offered to volunteer. I will keep you updated as I make progress.

• 3 months later...

It's official. I will be having a LC Benefit Walk in New Jersey on Saturday November 6th, with all proceeds going to LUNGevity. All dontations received by LUNGevity go directly to funding innovative research designed to detect, treat and cure lung cancer. (www.lungevity.org). I would also like to have a table set up with information available about this website and have some items to sell to raise funds for this cause as well!! I also hope to have some survivors say a few words, so if any of you out there are not public speaking phobic, let me know if you would like to speak to the masses! :wink:

Renee has been a wonderful help at getting the ball rolling and I am currently awaiting approval of the site of my choice, which would be a local park in Mount Laurel Township, NJ.

If anyone here would like to jump on board and help out, send me a PM and we'll get this thing going!!! I've got ideas swimming around in my head for how to get sponsors, t-shirts, bumper stickers, get the press involved, blah blah blah....my head may explode! :wink:

I've been thinking (non-stop) about this walk I am having in November.

The proceeds of the walk will be going to LUNGevity (which I explained in the post above), HOWEVER, I would like to have several tables set up. One with LUNGevity information on it, and I'm not sure what else yet (could use some ideas!), but I was thinking that I would really like a table set up with information on this website, with flyers and some items from our "store".

Would anyone here that lives in (or near) the South Jersey area be interesting in manning the LSCS table for the event???

Katie/Rick -- I would love to know your thoughts on this, feel free to PM me! :D