Taking a Short Mental Break

I want to let you all know that I probably won't be posting for a short while. If it is possible to say...I am worried about my mental well being lately. I have always prided myself on being strong (and deep down I know I am), but I have been very down lately. I feel I need to take a little time to get my head clear. I am going to finally talk to a doctor about getting on anti-anxiety medication.

So even though I am not posting I want you to know that I hold you dear in my heart. You each hold a special place. This website (thank you Rick and Katie!!!) has been a saving grace for me and I don't know how I would have managed to get this far without it!

Blessings and love to each of you. Thank you so much for always keeping my mom in your prayers.

Dear Andrea

Take all the time you need to get better. The important things right now are your mom and you. She will continue to need you for support, so your mental and physical health come into play also. Prayers going for you and mom.

Andrea -

We WISH you didn't have to be here,

And you don't ever HAVE to be here,

But whenever you need us, we'll be here!

It's okay - we understand. Sometimes you just need to not let cancer consume your entire life. Take your time.....just make sure to let us know how your mom is progressing.........

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Andrea,

I am sorry and I do know how you are feeling. I have such ups and downs with this sometimes I think I am going crazy. You have been through so much. You just want to make this all go away. People ask me what can I do. I say "make my mom better". People ask me all the time "what is wrong, you seem so down". I cant shake it and I cant be the person I was before my mom was diagnosed, I just cant. I dont have answers for you Andrea, but I do understand, I really do. Wishing you some comfort. I will be thinking about you and your mom.

Gayle

10/03: 76 yr. Mom diagnosed squamous cell nsclc

11/04-1/04: 4 rounds of Taxol/Carbo

1/30/04: CT scan no change in growth/new spot 

2/4/04: Taxotere (1 hour intrav.)

2/8/04: Bad reaction, bedridden with Thrush/Diarrhea

2/26/04: Starts 15 days of Iressa

3/11: 30 more days of Iressa

Andrea,

My heart goes out to you and your mom. You are both in my prayers each day! You said you are looking for other treatment. Have you asked about Gemzar. It worked for Peg's husband BIll. Please keep us posted on how you and your mom are doing...

God Bless,

Karen

Yes, I understand what you are feeling. The pressure for myself is very heavy and unbearable. I have that feeling as well. The mental pressure is very heavy indeed. We have been fighting to this disease for long long time and we are so stressed.

sometimes, I feel I cannot breathe. Every morning when I wake up and open my eyes, the first thing come to my mind is my dear dad.

Fortunately, I have a husband here and sometimes he makes me laugh.

Laugh is very important. Go out for a short vacation or exercising will help a lot.

Remember that you are in our prayers. take your time.

Taking a break will be good.

Sometimes, (for me) all the information here is so overwhelming and its hard not to take it personal. We all feel the sadness and the trauma everyone is going thru here, Its hard to bear, but at the same time, we are all rooting for everyone to get better and fight this demon. I just want to cry each time someone tells their story.

Take care, and hope your mom will get thru this too.

God Bless and keep you in his care.

Tess