Judy B has passed

Guest stephanie4JudyB

Guest stephanie4JudyB

Hello dearest friends,

Mom passed away today at about 1:50 Tucson time.

I came from LA last night and spent the entire night with her, and she a woke to call my name, hug me and tell me she loved me. Then this morning she justfought to see her sister, but she missed her, and Debbie (her sister ) told us to tell her it was alright to go if she needed to.

I can not express how I feel, I am soooo sad and still can't believe it is real.

But I am thankful that she went peacefully, and also that she went quickly. Mom has been having pain for a few months, but this got really bad in the last 14 days. She worked until last Friday and eeven forced money on me to help me out before I went to Denmark, so she did what she loved until the very end.

She had blood poisioning and also a lung/respitory infection, but the doctors all said that even if she hadn't had those and she had the surgery on Wed, this tumor was growing and it would have killed her, and it would have been much worse. She would have had a slow painful death.

So I will stay on the board, but this week may be hard and next week with my move to Denmark. BUT I promised my mother last night, that I would finish the book we started and give the proceeds to lung cancer research and also stay on this board. I told her that many of you were praying and loved her and she squeezed my hand,

Thank you for all your support

Stephanie for Judy B

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stephanie,

My heart aches for you as you go through this time of grief.Your mother was an inspiration to me and I cry with you.I am glad to know that she was with you,that she was at peace and that she knew what was coming and didn't suffer.I wish you the best in your move and please stay with us if you can.Take care.TBone

Dear Stephanie.

My heart is breaking now for you and your family, as I sit here staring at your post in bisbelief.. I just dont get it, I am so so sorry..Your mom was a friend and an inspiration to many here, she will most definately be missed...

This is so sad.....losing your mom is one of life's greatest tragedies. Rest easy in the knowledge that you shared such a warm, loving relationship together. Your mother will be missed by many........Heaven is welcoming a new angel today.

Judy was a good friend. We had traded phone numbers and called each other often. She used to call me, when I was on chemo last summer, and just sing that song about drink, drink, drink, all the water you can. She worried about me getting dehydrated. She was special.

Dave Grant

I was so extremely sorry to read your post, Stephanie.

I am so thankful that you were there with her, though--and that she went peacefully.

I have not been on this board long--but it was clear both from your posts and the reponses that were written by others who had come to know her over time that she was a special person.

Our thoughts are with you and your family at this time; please accept our sincere condolences.

Please take care of yourself, have a safe move, and stay in touch.

Melinda

Steph, I am so saddened for your loss. Judy is a wonderful woman and she will be missed.

Steph, I can understand how deep the love is between mother and daughter, Go to Denmark may be good for you to face the grieve.

You are in my prayers and take good care...

Oh my God, Stephanie, I just can't believe this. I really felt like I knew your Mother through this message board. She truly was a wonderful woman. How sad that she was in pain for so long, but how merciful that the end was peaceful and that you were there with her.

Please accept my deepest sympathy.

Ginny

Oh Stephanie I don’t even know where to start to tell you how very special your mom was to me. I have thought about her all day since John called to tell me about your post. I was in such a bad place when I found this board and she was the first person to answer my post and give me hope. She was an amazing help to me during those first weeks after diagnosis and I will always be forever indebted to her for that.

I have never known anyone with such a quick wit. She kept us all laughing in chat and I got some great cooking lessons from her too. She had a mouth on her that could kill a censor and is the only person I know that could keep the Dave G in line in chat.

We have all suffered a great loss with her passing. You were so very fortunate to have this amazing woman for a mother. My condolences on the loss of your mom. When I get out of the hospital, I will make a donation to the site in her honor. Take care of yourself and stay strong for the days ahead.

All my best~

Rochelle

Stephanie,

I can tell by your post your mom was a wonderful person. It would take a great person to raise someone to write such great things about their mother. You and your mother’s love for each other will help to carry you through this rough time. I am sure you have lots of fond memories to also carry you through.

Take care of your self and family. John M.

Stephanie,

I can barely see to type through the tears. Your Mom was a beautiful and intellignt woman, a friend to us all. She was so supportive to me when I first joined this board. I am so sad for your loss, as well as a loss to those that knew this special lady.

Cheryl

Stephanie,

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. You and your family will be in my prayers. I know you were glad to be there with your mother in the end.

May you know that we are all with you through your very tough time.

TAnn