becky g died tonight

kimblanchard

I got back to the hospital at about five o'clock, having brought her the book she was reading. She had moved from the er to her room, and the move was tough. But within a few minutes she looked and sounded much better than she had all day. About 7:30 her breathing began to be labored again, and they called the doctor to put her on a ventilator. By 8:00, she blue lined and basically lost consciousness. Her parents and I spent an hour saying goodbye; the last things she responded to were the things I most needed her to know. At nine, we removed the ventilator, and within a couple of minutes she was gone.

I will forever be grateful for this site and the support we have gotten here these last fifteen months. She had taught her classes on Thursday, and tomorrow I will tell her students that she is gone.

Curtis

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please....Oh please feel the love and strength coming your way. My heart aches for you and for Becky's child. Her death is shattering to all who had the deep pleasure of knowing her. Yes....she is without pain now and breathing freely beside 'Him'.

Oh, Curtis--what a horrible shock. I had just finished reading and responding to your initial post that she had gone to the hospital when this one popped up. I am stunned, just stunned.

I am so truly, truly sorry. Oh, my gosh--my heart is just breaking at the thought of what you, your daughter, and your families are going through tonight.

I have been on this board only a short while--but that was all it took for Becky to inspire me. Her intelligence, tenacity, and wisdom simply jumped off the computer screen in her posts. I have no doubt that she bettered the life of every person with whom she came into contact.

Please let us know how you and your daughter are faring in the days/weeks/months to come. You and your family are in all of our thoughts now and will continue to be in the future.

Melinda

Nooo! I cannot believe this! I just responded to your early post and I saw this! I am so so sorry. I cannot find anymore words. I am just so heartbroken. Oh my God!

Please give your little girl the most gentle hugs and love from me. I will be praying for you.

Theresa

I am so sorry, Becky was so inspiring. In case people did not see it, she recently posted a newspaper article from her school which told her story. You can find the post under LC in the News forum.

I am at a loss for words :(

I am sorry she went thru this horrible disease. I just pray that you and your daughter might find comfort knowing that Becky is waiting for you on the other side where there is no more sorrow or pain. You are in my prayers. I am so sad for you. :cry::cry::cry:

Tess

Oh Curtis, I can hardly believe this. Not Becky. Not now. There aren't words that can comfort you in your loss, I know. I just want you to know that my heart goes out to you and your family. I wish for you strength and the knowledge that Becky is with you always in your memories and thoughts, and in your precious daughter.

What always struck me about Becky is how she always wanted to know why or how and she never seemed to get answers--why did she struggle so hard to breathe etc. I believe that now she is part of truth, where all answers lie, and perhaps now she knows answers to so many of her questions.

On the other hand, we who are left still have questions, without answers. I just can't understand what happened, no one can, I guess.

Curtis, pls know that meant so much to so many

Elaine

Curtis,

Nothing I can say can mean very much right now. All I can do is offer my prayers for you and your daughter and just let you know how much Becky ment to me. Her spirit and strength will live on here and, I'm sure, with you and your daughter and all that knew her.

Dean

There are no words, only prayers. Please know how saddened we are.

I have been teaching primary school for 27 years-Becky could have been one of my students. She loved her family, and her students. Please know that I will carry her with me today as I am with my students and my family.

gail

Curtis,

so sorry, for all of you, Becky was so strong, wanted to live

so much and still had many plans and hope for the future,

and now she is gone.

My condolences to you, your daughter and family.

May you find some peace knowing she will always be with you.

J.C.

Dear Curtis,

I am in a state of shock, with chills and tears. This is not supposed to happen. Becky was way too young and fought too hard.

Your daughter will have a strong role model in her mother. She will be missed unbelieveably much on this board, but we don't begin to know the sorrow that you and her family are feeling right now.

Many prayers will be said for Becky and for her family. May she rest in peace, dear Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.

Ginny

Curtis

I am so very sorry and shocked beyond belief at the loss of your dear Becky----she was way too young and too good to die---

my deepest sympathy to you and your family

with condolences