becky g died tonight

kimblanchard

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Curtis -- I, too, am so shocked. It was so quick -- that in itself is terribly traumatic and yet, we can only be grateful that she was able to live her life her way so close to the end. To see how loved Becky was on the board, you only have to look at the number of times your message has been viewed -- over 800 views so far from a board with not quite 1,000 members! And almost 80 people so far have posted! That wife of yours was clearly our shining star, and I'm sure she shines down on all of us now. Especially you and that adorable daughter.

Each night I say a prayer for all of us on this board, and each time the picture in my mind representing all of us is of Becky cuddling your precious daughter. That is the most eloquent picture I have ever seen.

Becky has been truly an inspiration to all and the love between the two of you was unmistakeable in all of the posts.

I am so, so very sorry for your loss.

Gloria

Curtis,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I too am completely shocked! I had no idea that she wasn't feeling well. It always seemed to me that she was so strong. She had such a strong will and a strong spirit. She fought such a valiant fight, one with grace and dignity, determination and intelligence.

I am deeply saddened. I always felt somehow connected to Becky, as we were part of the minority of people fighting LC in our early 30s.

She was just too young and too wonderful to go so soon. She will be missed greatly.

I am praying ardently for you and your beautiful daughter, as well as your families. (I always loved Becky's picture with your daughter, it really shows such love and warmth. She loved her family so much).

God Bless you and keep you in this difficult time

Carleen

Curtis,

I am so very sorry for your tremendous loss. :cry::cry::cry: I thought so highly of Becky and am just so shocked at how quickly this happened. She has enriched so many lives here on this message board, and I can only imagine how many she touched in her daily life. I know her students will be devastated at the loss, too. You and your family will be in my prayers. I hate this disease.

BeckyCW

I also want to express my sadness and shock in hearing about Becky losing her battle. My thoughts and prayers are w/ everyone who has ever had to experience any amount of physical or emotional pain relating to lung cancer. It really is a horrible disease. I am especially thinking of you

you Curtis and your daughter during this difficult time. Please accept my sincere sympathy.

Curtis, I never knew your wife, I never posted here before but I have followed her fight. She was one very brave lady and I am so sad to hear of your loss. Had I known her in the 3D world I would have liked to have been her friend, to laugh, to hang out and to chat through life's inequalities - she fought hard, and retained her dignity to the end. Let's hope beckyg will be an inspiration to help those of us who have lost loved ones to this awful disease to continue to fight for a cure. My thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.

I'm running Europe's biggest women only road race in Glasgow in May to raise funds for lung cancer research. Last year I ran it for my 3 Aunts who died from the disease, this year I'm running for Beckyg.

xx

I am totally shocked. I am so sorry and shaken. I don't know what to say. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I don't know why my previous message came up as guest.

Take care,

Alisa

Guest Piermarie

Curtis,

I am sooooo saddened by Becky's passing, I really have no words that can totally account for how I'm feeling....

With great Sympathy,

Pier

dear curtis,

my heart aches for you and your daughter. becky was purely inspiration, and she will truly be missed. i always found her posts comforting, almost as if i was talking to an old friend. i pray that you and your family find great comfort during this time.

take care and God bless,

mj