n/a

Hi and welcome,

Hope and pray that things work out for you. We do all help each other a lot here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here. A God send for us. :) You sound like like you have a great sense of humor, which we all need to get thru the tough times. Glad you are here, but like all of us, sorry that you have to be.

Tess

Margaret,

So sorry you needed to join the board but since you are here, Welcome!

I can truly say I understand the way you are feeling now. As I said to my sister today ,I feel as if I am being tugged in so many directions. Wanting to know test results and prognosis and yet not wanting to. Not wanting to consider the "what if's" but needing too anyway. Praying for good results and dreading what I will hear. This is truly a nightmare ride.

I think "taking one day at a time", is the best advice I have had. I keep having to remind my self of that .

Do come back here often and if I can help at all, please PM me,

Paddy

Hi, Margaret and Jim,

Welcome to the family! I want to say 'wish you weren't here' but you know that already so I'll just proceed to say that we welcome you with open arms-- arms that will help lift you up when you need to rise, hold you up when you need to stand, and embrace you when you need a hug.

Love,

ViVi

Hi Margaret and Jim, (Neighbor)

So sorry you had to find us, but I'm so glad you did.

I just wanted to say that after reading Jim's dx's at the bottom of your page WOW, they are really ZAPPING HIM and that's GREAT to see. Looks like they are being VERY aggressive in his treatments.

Well your amoung friends here and we are here to give you a helping hand if we can. Your not alone on this journey, so hang on tight and away we go!!!! :roll:

Stay strong and Welcome,

Hi there....welcome aboard!! You'll find this group offers key information and loads of group hugs. This place can become a very special comfort zone whenever you feel the need for one. If you're still interested in some weight gain info....you'll find a short discussion of this subject under the board heading titled "SCLC"............Scroll down a little and you'll find the title "nutrition?". There's a few folks sharing weight gainers on that string. Visit often.....you'll be warmly welcomed by all.

Like Connie above, I say welcome to you our southern neighbor. Glad you found us, sorry you had to. We all know the stress of those first months. You say he started with shoulder pain? So did I . Did he have a tumor up in the apex of his lung? I now know that pain was a God send for me, otherwise I never would have known that I had lung cancer. My tumor was pressing on the pleura and nerves. Well now that you have "come out" please keep us posted on how things are going. Donna G

Hello Margaret and Jim,

The treatment Jim is getting is the same rad/chemo I had, except with a surgical break in the middle . The tumor was all dead on removal.! I did have two more rounds of chemo afterwards. I have been NED since....

Best of luck to you.

Hang in there,

one step in front of the other.

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Guest Phyllis

Hi, I had intense shoulder pain too to my left shoulder. The docs kept saying it was from the chemo, but since I started the carbo/taxol the pain has gone away. They never want to blame my tumors. I think you have to make yourself eat whether you have an appetite or not. I eat at least 3 meals a day. It helps to keep your energy up for the chemo.

Hi Margaret,

Welcome to you. My mom is Paddy and my dad was diagnosed with NSCLC on his birthday last year. This has been another difficult journey for my parents and I am so proud of the way they continue to deal with it. Living here in MI while they are in CA is tough too, for many reasons. I have found this group especially caring and supportive. While I have not posted much, I do visit and really appreciate the words spoken here.

Guest it's countrygirl97

I'm not logged in yet, so hope to use a variation of my name.

All of your comments mean a lot to me and many of them were "spot on." Very meaningful. The doctor never said if the shoulder pain was from the tumor but as the tumor shrunk so did the pain, so we think so.

I have read other posts and almost feel like I already know some of you. Yes, I will keep in touch. Now I better go read up on other posts and see how you all are doing. Thanks again. Margaret

So sorry we had to meet this way. My daughter lives in Iowa City and I have an aunt in Newton. I have lived in Omaha and grew up outside Kansas City.

I am about your husband's age, with the same DX. I wil lkeep you in my thoughts and prayers

Elaine

So sorry you have to be here but like all the others said, you will find great information and support here. I feel like I have made a bunch of new friends that all know exactly what I am going through. I hope you will use this venue to vent, report, share and ask questions. I have found it very helpful.

Nina

aka Nushka