Here is the final deal.......

Andrea

I hope this message does not anger or upset anyone. My heart truly is here. I WANT to fundraise for this website. I WANT to help people and make a difference.

However, my family is the most important thing to me and because of their concerns (possibly legitimate, I am not sure) I will be unable to organize and head up the So Cal Walk unless 1) I get a firm committee of people willing to take on certain tasks (flyers, making calls to sponsors, raffle tickets, food, etc, etc) AND 2)the insurance is not taken out solely by me. I can't do it unless the insurance is in a few names or an organization name. Basically it cannot be all on my shoulders, I have to share the event and not have it just be "Andrea" doing it. My husband, inlaws, and parents all feel strongly about this. (My parents both worked in insurance law, and hence are more sensitive to the responsibility of this kind of thing)

If this is not possible, and I understand that people are busy and it is a big undertaking to sign up for, then I will DEFINATELY still do some sort of fundraising effort, I just cannot head up the walk.

I truly hope you understand and are not disappointed me. I don't know what to say. I never did anything like this, I had tons of ideas, I want to do it, but I guess I can understand my family's viewpoint and my family comes first.

Good for you, Andrea,

You have to take care of yourself and your husband first.

Your enthusiasm and energy and willingness/desire to DO something are commendable.

Wait a year or two until you can have the infrastructure in place, with insurance, for an event like this. Perhaps some major corporation/civic organization would foot the insurance for you.

Please, don't beat yourself up. I don't think ANYONE will be angry with you. I know I am not, for sure.

God bless you for caring.

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn