Thank You, DeanCarl

Snowflake

Thank you, Dean, for being the wonderful soul that you are! I truly appreciate your friendship and enjoy your views and no-nonsense approach to the daily battles we all fight.

You are like a homemade cherry pie - kinda crusty on the outside and warm and sweet (AND occassionally tart) on the inside. A serving of your friendship with cool ice cream on top is the heavenly dessert life is made for!

Love ya, dude! (Yea, Rah, Dean - UH!)

Becky

I just have to say thanks, too, Dean. I usually hang out on the sclc threads, but always check the general threads to see how you are doing! I was so thrilled to find tonight that you are moderating The Path Less Traveled. So far I love what I see!

I appreciate you and your wife. God bless you.

Hope

Mom dx with sclc limited stage 0l/02

5 months chemo (carboplatin & etoposide), radiation, no pci

06/03 Recurrance found with follow up c/t, chemo (carboplatin & etoposide) began then stopped due to severe reaction

07/03 pet scan concurred ca in sternum

09/03 ct shows ca spread

09/03 Three 28-day cycles of cisplatinum & cpt-ll

12/03 some tumors responding, began 2 more 28 day cycles cisplatinum & cpt-ll

02/04 No growth, no reduction of tumors. Onc decided on a 4 week rest period to be followed by CT.

03/04 CT shows growth and additonal tumor in renal gland. Decided on l/2 dosage of cisplatinum and cpt-ll. Has severe reaction to chemo and has a seizure. Onc says we will now try Taxol or Gemzar.