Whats remission?

Darrell and I just got back from florida from a 12 day vacation.. Life was great!! No kids, no work, no chores and no worries for a short time.. The last night of vacation he had night sweats again and soaked 2 shirts.. I personally have done nothing but worry since.. He keeps saying hes fine.. I make him take his temperature... Which so far when he has active cancer growing in his body.. He runs a fever... In March. they said hes in remission.. Whatever the hell that is... They say it means no "visible" cancer in his body that they can see at this time.. Vacation was great, and I'm so glad hes had some good times... He wanted to see the ocean again and to see a couple of good friends and where they lived.. We did...The worry never stops no matter what the doctors say.. I can't help but feel in my heart that that damn cancer is there lurking some where close... Saturday is Darrells 51st birthday.. I didn't even think he'd be here..I have a party planned,which means lots of work and cleaning being we just got back from vacation.. I love him so much...I'm sorry to all of you that I haven't been able to be there for all of you.. I promise one day I will.. I haven't even checked my own email for 3 weeks... My kids problably think I forgot them...My life is so strained! I love all of you and would love to take more time for this site, but I just don't have the time right now.... I know I'm talking in riddles and I'm not making much sense... Sorry! I just wanted to let everyone know I think of all of you and this horrible disease daily... I haven't even been able to read others post for a while.. I promise to soon!! Love to all of you that is dealing with this disease!! Cancer sucks!! I love you all!

Christy

p.s. I plan to post a picture of Darrell and I on Vacation when I have the time...

Hello,

Welcome back!!!! I am so glad you two had the time of your lives!

I am not an expert here but I think remission means that the cancer is gone. It may be permanent or it may be temporary. I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed that it's gone for good.

Theresa

Christy, so glad you came back on board, i have really been concerned. Remission means it is not actively moving, it is sleeping. Lets hope it sleeps forever.

Did you drive or fly to Fla. If you drove I bet you took I-75 and went past my house. I sure hope not for I would have loved to have had you all stop by and spend the nite.

Drop by again dear, we miss you....

Thanks everyone for your responses, and yes Norme we did take 75.. That would have been great to see you!! How are you doing norme? I'm sure its been tough...

Love to you all,

Christy

Christy, am sad that you all did not stop by. I guess you forgot i lived by Cincinnati. I am only 4 miles south of Cinti. After you crossed the bridge and climbed the hill, that was my exit. Only live 1 miles east. What a shame. Next time...don't forget....

I am hanging in. One does not have any other choice. Have good days and bad days of loneliness.