CT scan on Monday

Hey gang! Dad will be getting a CT scan on Monday. This will be his first scan since he started chemo. We will follow up with the Dr. Tuesday of the next week. PLEASE..........pray that this chemo combo is working for Dad. His body is tolerating it sooooo well. You know me.........I'm neurotic......I've been thinking that since his body is tolerating the chemo so well that it probably isn't killing those pesty cancer cells!! I know.......I AM neurotic. Dad feels like that his lung cancer has progressed. (more trouble breathing and really high BP.......maybe he's neurotic, too!!) I just love my Dad so much. When I was a little girl, I used to tell my Dad that I hoped I would die before he does...........I still can't fathom losing him! Please pray for GREAT CT results for my Dad. I want him here for a loooooong time.

Your neurotic friend,

Angie

Dear Angie,

Prayers are being said right now for you and your beloved dad. Our minds play tricks with us, but just because your dad is tolerating the chemo well doesn't mean it isn't working. The chemo that ended up being the most successful for my mom, Carbo/Taxol, she handled really well. Then there was Taxotere that was so very hard on her and didn't work at all.

I know what you mean about not fathoming losing them. I too used to tell my mom that I wanted to die before her. It is tough watching our beloved parents battle this demon. You are a wonderful daughter and the love you have for your dad is the support he needs during this tough time.

Hugs to you,

Andrea

Angie,

I don't think your neurotic either. I think you love your father. It would be odd if you didn't feel anxiety over this scan. All scans are pre-fixed with anxiety.

Dont stress about how well your dad is tolerating chemo either. that just means he is handling it well, that the chemo is not destroying him and that his immune system is handling it well.

try to look at it as a good sign. As andrea said my mom did very well on that carbo/taxol cocktail as well. she had very good shrinkage on it.

Hi Angie,

Sorry to post late, you know where I have been. Your dad is always in my prayers each day! That's ok, prayers are always good no matter what time of day or night. Hang in there and the chemo will work and is working for dad...

Blessings, prayers and hugs,

Karen