Help ~ Desparate

berisa

Today we met the neurosurgeon, it is totally bad and desparate.

My dad is now suffering from bacteria infection. He has 2 types of bacteria, one is Staph, one is Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. He said these two are not easy to treat and life-threatening.

Moreover, they found dad may have a new brain tumor that found in the latest Brain CT and the shadow is around 6cm large. This is why my dad's left arm & left leg are weak. If this is tumor, dad's current situation does not allow additional surgery or chemo because of the current infections, Gamma knife is not the option because of the size. He may be paralysed (left side of the body)! He will suffer more pain at the wound and having severe headache.

The neurosurgeon commented that my dad may has 3 months and he most likely could not be out of the hospital again. I am so upset and I think I have nothing to help my father.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi Berisa,

I am sorry to to hear of your Dad's sad news. Please be strong for your Dad. You've been your Dad's rock throughout all of his ordeal. He is very lucky to have you. Please know that I will be praying for your Dad and you, that you will have the strength to go through this difficult times and that your Dad's suffering will be alleviated somehow.

Praying for miracles.

Theresa

Berisa,

I am so sorry to hear this news, your Dad has been through so much. First, don't give up on the antibiotics they have some very good ones, that are made to treat your Fathers infection. It may be a tough one but I am sure the Doctors will try to fight it with what is best. And then you go on from there.

I will be praying for you and your Family.

Rosemary

Berisa,

Your poor Dad, he just seems to get one thing after another. I am sure the drs. will do their best to cure this infection, then treatment should be able to be continued.

Keep us posted and know that we are all praying for your Dad.

Ginny

Berisa

I am so sorry to hear your latest news. I hope that the doctors are able to help your dad, and that YOU are able to find some peace during this difficult time.

Will be thinking of you and hoping to hear some better news soon.

Karen

Berisa--

I am so sorry to hear this news about your dad.

My mom (who is currently being treated for her second breast cancer) developed a TERRIBLE, resistant staph infection after her biopsy (a grapefruit sized pustule which was only the EXTERNAL evidence of the staph made her look like someone from "Ripley's Believe it or Not" that I had to help her drain)--which meant that all other treatment had to be put on hold until it cleared up. Her doctor told her that it was one of the two worst staph infections he had seen in his 20 years of practice.

Despite the "nuclear" antibiotics the doctors put her on, it was not going away. On the advice from a friend that had gone to an alternative health center (Hippocrates in Florida), she started taking two shots of fresh wheatgrass juice a day (one in the morning, one at night), drinking "green drinks" made up of vegetables from the local health food store--kale, parsley, apples, etc.-- AND two shot glasses of live algae she ordered from Hiippocrates (which she said tasted terrible).

At first her doctors told her to go ahead and do it--there was no scientific evidence that it either helped her of hurt her--so why not humor her? But as they saw that not only was the staph no longer spreading, but her body was healing they ORDERED her to continue whatever she had been doing!

The staph infection DID clear up--and she was able to proceed with treatment (she had a bi-lateral mastectomy on 3.22.04).

I am no doctor--and neither is my mother--but we are both rather analytical, critcal thinkers and not prone to "new-age" stuff. However, my mother swears by this--and I have done a lot of reasearch on it--and it looks like there really may be something to it. Geoff and I have put his mother (stage IV lc) on the same protacol.

Geoff says to mix the algea with pinapple juice and you can hardly taste it.

I hope this helps. If I may be of any further assistence, please feel free to PM me.

Ry is right, though. DON'T let the staph get out of hand--it is "nasty stuff", indeed.

Melinda

Guest karen b

Berisa,

Melinda's advice above seems to show promise; I know I would try given your dire circumstances. I will be praying so hard for God's protection over your dad. Sorry about all of this.

Karenb

Dear Berisa,

Oh Sweetie, everyone here has pretty much said what I would. Rather then worry about the cancer, it sounds like dad needs to get the infections under control. How does your dad feel about all this going on with him? Sometimes we (the caregivers) are SO busy trying to save them that we forget to ask them what they would like to do in there battle.

I'm sending you prayers and positive vibes. Please give your dad LOTS of TLC (tender loving care), as I am sure you are!

Dear Berisa,

Have the doctors tested the staph and Pseudomonas for antibiotic response/resistance? Pseudomonas is just as dangerous, if not more so, than staph, however, if drug response/resistance testing is done on these organisms, you will at least know which drugs will be effective against the infections. This is a very serious complication.

I had hospital aquired Pseudomonas after my November, 2000 Mediastinoscopy and Right Anterior Thoracoscopy that went undiagnosed and subsequently spread to my ear and sinuses. I was treated with multiple antibiotics-none of which worked-and was in very serious condition until an ENT recognized that the infection was Pseudomonas, did the right testing to determine which drugs should work, and presribed the right treatment.

I am so very sorry that he is facing this. You all have my prayers.

Fay A.

Berisa,

It sounds like a good idea that Fay gave to you. Have them test to find out what antibiotic would work for your father. I lift your father up in prayers for a complete and total healing from our Lord. Keep the faith and you are always in my thoughts and prayers...

Blessings,

Karen

Hi Berisa,

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you. I'm so sorry to hear about the recent turn of events with your Dad. I don't know what else to say other than we are all here for you and wishing the best for your brave and strong father.

Berisa,

Sometimes I don't reply to posts because I feel as if I have nothing to offer. I have no medical advice for you but I wanted to let you know that I always follow your posts and your dad's health and know what an advocate you are for him.

I hope that they are able to get your dad's infections under control soon and I will be thinking of you and your dad....

Berisa - I am so sorry to hear about the latest developments with your Dad. I can only imagine how upset you are - - I think it is important for you and Dad that for right now, you be his daughter and not his caregiver. Let the doctors and nurses tend to all his medical needs and you tend to his "Daddy" needs. So many times we get so involved being "caregivers" that we forget that it is okay, and sometimes really necessary, just to be his daughter. I am thinking of you and sending my prayers for you and Dad - God Bless you both. Love, Sharon

Berisa - this is Karen C. I don't post enough and I'm sorry.

The last line of your post really got my attention - that you don't know what else you can do for your Dad. Gosh, Berisa, you have done so so much for your father throughout his illness. You have been so strong and supportive and his advocate and always looking and researching and trying to find the best thing for him. You have been a wonderful daughter and don't be upset because you don't know what else you can do for him. You have done so much.

When the burden feels too heavy to carry alone, it's time to ask God to take the burden from your shoulders. He is always there for us and He will help you and your family get through this and lead you to do the best thing at every step. And He is smiling down you, because you have shown your love for your early father in so many ways.

God Bless, Love and Prayers,

Karen Chapman