Bronchitis

Nushka

I am having a time with bronchitis. This is the first time I have been sick since I was diagnosed...so it has surprised me how much difference there is when your lungs are infected after treatment. Have any of you had this experience? I am wheezing so much that you can actually hear it over the phone. Taking my antibiotics and cough meds and slowly getting better. This is my second week of meds. I am sure I will be fine. Scans the middle of this month so keep your fingers crossed that this coughing stops so I can be still during the scans. :lol:

Nina

aka, Nushka

Sorry you are having a rough time. My Dad had bronchitis about three weeks ago.........well, the cough is still lingering. It was his first time sick since being diagnosed also. Dad took Levaquin (antibiotic) and Lortuss (cough med). His Dr. also gave him a shot of Rocephin. (antibiotic shot) Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Angie

Nina,

Praying this second round of antibiotics knocks this right out of you and no more raspy noises and coughing. It takes a while to get rid of it. It took me almost 3-1/2 months to get over the pneumonia I had. Always in my prayers.

Blessings,

Karen

Thanks to all of you for your concern. I am on Levaquin now and robitussin. I am sure I will be fine...just a real hard time sleeping between coughs. :) I will keep you posted on the scans. Again, thanks for your thoughts....I am feeling better even today.

Nina,

aka Nushka

Nina - my husband Dave had bronchitis in January, after finishing his treatments last year. He has had clean scans since then, too - but perhaps some scar tissue or damage in his left lung where one of the tumors was. Anyway, that bronchitis really knocked him down bad. I had to take him to the emergency room because we were really scared, he was so sick, we were afraid the tumor was back - but it was the bronchitis - and I guess the scar tissue made it worse.

But he tooks his meds and RESTED and eventually he got over it. So take good care of yourself, and REST, and you will too! It will just take more time because your lungs are bound to be somewhat weakened from the treatments.

Good Luck, and God Bless!

Karen C.

Nushka,

I had trouble last year with coughing. I was told by someone that swallowing during scans will prevent you from coughing. During the day I chew gum, which keeps me swallowing slavia, which washes away what ever is making me cough. During the night I use phenergan with codeine. It not only helped the cough, but it helped me sleep at night. When my cough was real bad I kept the cough syrup by my bed. It is only good for 4 hours.

Take care John.

Nushka,

I wound up hospitalized twice with bronchitis and pneumonia. That kind of infection does hit pretty hard after lung treatments and chemo.

It does get better, you do get stronger, and gradually fight them off more effectively.

Meantime, if coughing interrupts your sleep, try Chloraseptic throat Spray. It will numb the cough centers on the sides of your throat so you can at least fall asleep. Very useful medication -- over the counter. Comes in red AND green!

Feel better...

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn