A Sign From Dad??

KC

So all week I have been thinking that my Dad was always the one to remind me to turn the clocks forward and back when the time came and wondering, who is going to remind me this year. Of course, I forgot to do it last night before going to sleep because he is the one who usually reminded me. When I woke up this morning, I looked at my cell phone for the time. It said 8:50 a.m. I walked into the kitchen and I thought it was around 9:00 until I went to sign on the computer. Something made me look at the little clock in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and the time read 10:21 a.m. I was confused at first because i'm not fully awake and thought, how did and hour go by already!!! Then I remembered, we were supposed to spring ahead last night and THEN I remembered that 10:21 is my father's birthday! Oct. 21st! I felt like it was him reminding me to go and turn all the clocks in the house and I went ahead and did it before I forgot again! Am I reaching here?? Do you think it was a little tap on the shoulder from my Dad?? I do. Also, it was strange that my cell phone company hadn't fixed the time on my phone during the night. That is what they usually do. Anyway, just thought I would share with you all and see what you think. My father was always so organized and did everything on time, the complete opposite of me-LOL!

KC,

Isn't it amazing the things we see when we are half awake? Your dad is still with you in spirit. It is the smallest of things, such as turning your clocks ahead, that make you think of him and remember him with such love. Yes it still hurts, but you still feel the love.

Sometimes for me, it is when I am half awake that I feel the love the most. I know my sweetie is watching over me and helping me to make it through another day.

Your post brought a smile to my face and helped to lighten my heart.

Thanks for sharing.

Shirleyb

Back in the beginning of my father's diagnosis, we were watching John Edwards Crossing Over together. I told him to make sure he sends me signs. He said that he would, with numbers. His numbers were always 987. I never mentioned it again until that last night in the hospital, but I don't know if he heard me. I kept telling him over and over again while he lay there the last few hours of his life, to send me the signs. I must have told him 100 times during those hours. I'll keep looking for the signs in numbers, today it was 10:21, even though I thought the first sign would be 987, but it was still numbers. I have been asking him all week for one, I hope this was the first of many.

KC, Great sign!!! I love that you told your Dad to send you signs and that you agreed on numbers, I wish I had told my Dad to send me signs, so we'd have an agreement. My dad ALWAYS was the one to remind me to change the clocks, too. He'd call over and over during the day to remind me-and all day yesterday I kept thinking about how much I missed those calls... Great Sign, KC, great sign. Deb