alternative vs traditional

Hi All

There was a debate on one of our current affairs programmes here a couple of nights ago on alternative vs traditional medicine. The panel consisted of doctors and patients. The outcome was essentially that there needs to be empirical studies done on the complimentary/alternative treatments before the 'traditionalists' will recommend them to patients. Of course, nobody is willing to fund clinical trials on things like diet and meditation, because there's no money in it, so the likelihood of that happening is pretty remote :roll: . So, at present, the people who have achieved successful recoveries using non-traditional treatments are considered 'anecdotal' and therefore not relevant. However, as one of the panelists (Ian Gawler, actually - yes I am going to trot his name out again!!!!) said: "I would rather be a live anecdote than a dead statistic - if I had waited for statistical evidence, I wouldn't be here today".

Interestingly, there was a woman whose lung cancer has been in remission since 1995, and she treated herself with herbs, meditation and a special diet!!

Anyway, at least the topic is getting some coverage in the media.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Karen

Guest atleted

Karen,

My mother has been recently diagnosed with stage3/4 lung cancer. They are starting chemo today. I am very interested in hearing about what your mothers herbal routine is and any other information that might be helpful. Also who was the doc who had lung cancer that you mentioned.

Thanks for your help.

Ted

Guest atled

Karen,

You mentioned a lady on the panel..........not a doctor. Just very interested in learning more about what has worked in the past for lung cancer.

Thanks,

Ted

Hi Ted

Sorry for not responding earlier, but I have been out of town.

With regard to the lady on the panel, she didn't go into specifics about the herbs she was using; just that she used them for 4 years together with a special diet and meditation.

As far as my mum is concerned, she is not taking any herbal remedies. She has just completed her 4th cycle of chemo, and is having a well-deserved break!! Since diagnosis, she has adopted a primarily vegetarian, raw food diet, with no added salt, sugar or fat (apart from flax seed oil). She takes a range of supplements including selenium, cesium, zinc, vitamins C and E, Transfer Factor, Celebrex, Wobenzymes, melatonin, green tea, and colloidal silver. For the last few months, she has been having Rife Therapy - do a web search - I wouldn't know where to begin to explain that one!! She also has a supply of laetrile which she may use down the track if necessary. In addition, she sleeps in a different bedroom now, as a dowser informed her that she was sleeping over a zone of geopathic stress - again, I recommend a web search!!

Mum is also very interested in the use of meditation to heal, but has not really given this a concerted effort at this point.

As you can see, we are leaving no stone unturned in this battle!!

Hope this information is of some interest to you, and feel free to pm me if you want any more details.

Wishing you and your mother all the best in your search for answers.

Karen