Hubby just passed away March 19, 2004

Yvonne

Hello,

My name is Yvonne and I live in Virginia. My wonderful husband of 22 years passed away on March 19th. He had NSC Lung cancer with metastisis to the spine. He was paralyzed from the neck down in Dec, was operated on and was learning to walk again when it came back with a vengence. It has been like a horrible nightmare that you know you have to wake up from but unfortunately that's not the case. Thank goodness for family, wonderful neighbors and friends.

Yes....it would have been better if you had found this board earlier. But you're here now and you've reached out to a great group of people. Nothing any of us could say would take the pain of losing your husband away......but the support here is infectious and you'll feel like an old groupie in short order. Welcome friend....

Welcome Yvonne. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. This is a great place for comfort and caring so please stick around. Many of our members are in the same place you are and will be more than happy to help you through the tough times.

God Bless you and your family,

MO

Yvonne,

I am so sorry to hear that your husband lost his battle with this horrible beast.

There is a section here for those who have lost a loved one to lung cancer. It is a place where you can feel safe sharing what you are going through, as there are a number of us in the same situation where we lost those we love so dearly. Please stick around and gather strength and comfort for the rest of us. I have learned to use this as my outlet when there seems to be no other place to go to share what I am feeling.

Life is hard right now. Some days it is hard to get up and live, but that is what we must do.

My heart goes out to you at this time of sorrow and heartbreak. It has been 8 months today that I lost my love, so I do understand what you are going through.

Prayers for comfort and peace are coming your way.

Much love,

Shirleyb

Yvonne,

I am so sorry you lost your dear husband, its been 7 1/2 months since I lost my preciouis dad and my mom lost the love of her life. We do have a forum for those who have lost a loved one and I think you will find some comfort there. You will see that you are not alone... Welcome

Yvonne,

So sorry for your loss. I lost my love Buddy 8 weeks ago this Thursday and it still is very painful. There will be moments when just out of the blue you will be so over whelmed with grief but this is very normal. I would post on here that I didn't need to wash my clothes for my tears do that for me. It is so very hard to face some days but we do it as thousands of widows and widowers before us have. Welcome to the club that I never wanted to join and know you didn't either.

Feel free to express yourself under the forum "to those who lost a loved one to lc." It can help to let it out at times. We all understand in that forum....

Yvonne, My heart is breaking for you. :cry: I can't even let my mind think about losing my husband of 36 yrs. without nearly falling apart. I can't even imagine the grief you must feel and I am just so, so sorry. I pray that God will be with you and provide you with the comfort you need at this sad, sad time.

Peggy