10 Month Anniversary

MO_Sugar

Today it has been 10 months since I started chemo and quit smoking! I wasn't sure I could quit for 10 minutes when I did it! I have to say it was by far the hardest thing I have ever done. I pray for strength for those who have not yet been able to quit and for those who have quit that they don't start again!

God Bless,

MO

Congratulations! Be sure to celebrate! I quit in 1982 and I always used to say that it was the hardest thing I ever did...but I was wrong because THIS (going through lung cancer and its treatment) is the hardest thing I have ever done. Living in California makes it easier to live smoke-free...we are fanatical about NO smoking.

Margaret

Great Mo!!!

Being a former quitter, smoker, quitter, smoker and now quitter, I know how hard it is---the trick is not to even try one (which I did 10 months after surgery---just to see how it tasted--bad move on my part) It is so hard not to smoke---and you managed to quit !!!

You have a reason to be proud!!!!!!

best wishes

Guest Karen C

Yeah, Mo! You have a very strong will!

I say celebrate! How about treating yourself to a day at a spa, you know, get a massage, manicure, pedicure, that kinda stuff?

Congrats!

Karen C.

(David C's better half)

MO,

Congratulations on your 10 month anniversary. I am 10 months plus a couple of weeks myself. I'm so glad to be rid of those icky smokes, how about you? Just feel bad about having to pay such a high price for smoking for all those years, but sure am glad to be rid of them. Good job woman, keep it up!

Congratulations, Mo! Those of us who never smoked can't really appreciate how difficult it is...my mom quit after having a heart attack. The ER doc that was working on her asked if she smoked, and she say "no". He asked her, "When did you quit?"....Her reply, "On the ride over in the ambulance!". She's off the butts for 3 years after 50 years! Never thought being called a "quitter" was a good thing until now!

Good for you!