Testing followup

gail

First, thanks so much for all the good wishes. It was the first time I posted a test, and could really feel everyone's support behind me.

Now for my question . . .

I was given two additional drinks of the lovely chalky stuff this time. I was told it is new--makes some parts of the scan even clearer. I am all for anything that makes the scan read better, but boy, did I suffer when I got home. Things were moving too fast through me, if you know what I mean. I actually laid down for a while, but am now feeling better.

This was the first time I experienced this. Anyone else?

gail

PS There was a little old man in there with me, also diiagnosed with lung cancer. I gave him this website. He said his kids used the computer.

Gail,

I am afraid that I know nothing re: your query--I just wanted to thank you for giving someone else this website. I don't know whta I would have done if I had not stumbled across it on an internet search.

I hope your news continues to be nothing but good.

Melinda

Dear Gail---

I had to have a scan of the abdomen after the cat of my chest picked up something by my gall bladder----

well I had to drink that garbage (I think about 1-2 hours before)----Thank god I did not leave my house early---I would have been in big trouble in my car ---I wish they would tell people about this--never once was I warned!!!

However, someone else I know drank the same stuff and did not have that reaction--

But no, you are not alone!!!!

regards

GAIL,I had to drink two of them also and when leaving the hospital while in a very slow elevator I number twoed in my pants.The other nice people on the elevator gave directions to the mens room without my having to even ask.Next time tell them ahead of time.It's my understanding there is another prep available.

FRANK L.

Same "speed" issue here...

I got the "refreshing lemon flavored" stuff for my abomidable CT (Yep, spelled that correctly! LOL). That was horrid warm and barely better cold...

Nothing on the sheet of side effects about "The Trots"... I got home before it began, but was afraid to take anything for it like Immodium for fear it would coat the nasties onto my intestines - called my GP for advice (she's my angel) and she said it should be fine, but to call the folks in the lab to be sure..

Well, not only did I get the information that it was a common side effect, but ALSO that it can last up to THREE DAYS! (THREE DAYS?! :shock: Couldn't even sit down after three HOURS of it...)

Good news is I lived....and learned how to tie my pucker strings together by crossing my eyes!

Tummy felt like a rag someone was wringing out... Other good news is I think I lost a few pounds between the "fasting" and the "f*sster" :roll:

Hope all your news is good news and the only crappy part is the after effect of the juice!

Becky

I have not had to endure that since diagnoses (only once a few years back when I had my appendectomy) -- is this a common procedure? I usually get the basic Chest CT w/ contrast.

Is everyone getting an abdominal scan, or is it like Gail said -- a new way to do a chest CT?

(Gail -- sounds GROSS and I am NOT looking forward to the prospect! :roll: )

The Duke only has to drink one bottle about 2 hours prior to scan. I go pick the stuff up before hand so he can take it at home.

Never had what looks like the prevailing side effect.

Heather, Earl's scans are always chest and upper abdomen, checking liver and adrenals.

Ginny

Heather -

Clarification, I only received ONE CT of the abdomen - just to make sure there were no other sites after surgery. All the "odd" tests I did (anything besides blood, x-ray and chest CT) were done prior to heading to MD Anderson for a second opinion. Since then, it's all been "chest" and no icky "juice".

Becky

So glad to know I am not alone. :lol::lol:

I have always had the CT's of chest, abdomen, and pelvis since this whole thing started, but this was the only time I had that reaction--and I think the extra two cups is what put me over the edge.

So I had to lay down and watch a movie and Oprah until I felt better. Then I "managed" dinner on commercials during Dr. Phil.

Nothing like a CT scan to get away with stuff :lol::lol:

gail