update

berisa

Dearest Berisa - First of all, I am so very sorry to hear about your Dads condition. I need to tell you something right now that I feel is very important - We lost my mother in law to cancer two years ago, she was not going to get any better, she was in the hospital and declining rapidly. We had to make the choice on whether or not to tell her how bad her situation was... we decided she had a right to know. We told her the Doctors had pretty much decided that there was nothing they could do, and she needed to understand that this could be the end of her suffering. It gave us the chance to speak frankly with her about her wishes and her thoughts, we got to say everything we ever wanted to tell her and she did the same. It was very sad, and very difficult, but it gave us great peace after she had passed on. I am not telling you to stop praying for a miracle, because miracles happen every day, and you can tell Daddy that also, but, I think you need to be honest with him for both your sakes. Please know you and Dad are in my thoughts and prayers. Much Love, Sharon

Berisa, Just like all the others, I too am very, very sorry for all you are having to go through. I can feel your pain because, not only is my husband fighting cancer, but my own dear, sweet 76-yr-old dad is fighting for his life on a ventilator right now with severe COPD, and I lost my mother 5 yrs. ago to lung cancer. It can all just be so overwhelming and, so very, very painful. :( I don't know how old you are, you look pretty young in your picture. I sometimes think the younger you are, the harder it is sometimes to understand and to cope. I've only recently joined this forum, but I've lurked enough to know that there are many here who can truly feel what you feel. I've always said that if it moves, I'll hug it - so consider yourself hugged. :cry: God be with you!

Peggy

Dearest Berisa,

I have to echo what Sharon had shared with you about telling your dad.

Honey, I too will pray for a miracle and I do believe miracle because I think I'm one.

But, the other side of this coin is, the cancer is doing what it does best, spreading, and as you know sometimes there is nothing that can be done to stop it. :x:x:cry::cry: Oh how well I know that, having lost my father, mother and sister all to lung cancer.

My Prayers are very strong for you and your dad.

Much Love and Support,

Connie