Allergies

Guest Phyllis

Guest Phyllis

Hi, I was wondering if anybody else had gone through this. Back in Dec. when my tumors were growing I started to get this tickle in my throat, get kind of sweaty, and start coughing and sneezing uncontrollably like spasms.

After I did one round of carbo/taxol I felt great. It was like it just dried everything up and my breathing was great and I felt really good. Now after my second round of chemo I still feel good, but the sneezing, runny nose coughing spasms have started back but not as severe. My ENT says he thinks I have allergies. The Zyrtec did work for about two days and seemed to stop the tickle in my throat. But the spasms are back again and I am going to try Allegra D next (samples).

I am just sooo paranoid. I have a CT scan on Friday and hopefully chemo next Tues. The one oncologist in MS was really sure that the carbo/taxol would shrink and hopefully kill some stuff to make the rfa less invasive. My onc up here said that a person builds up resistance to chemo after a while but he does not believe in standard chemo treatments. I also see where people seem to have maybe stronger doses of carbo/taxol than I do. I don't see why I can't have a really strong dose. Even if I am small they know I can tolerate drugs pretty well. I am just afraid that the carbo/taxol initially worked and now it has stopped and the tumors are growing again and producing mucous. I am afraid something is going to prevent me from having the rfa so a lot is riding on my staying super healthy. I hate CT scans. Thanks.

Guest Phyllis

Whoops, I guess I should have posted this under general. I will never get this stuff straight and it was too long of a message to redo. Geez.