Peg and Bill

stand4hope

Peg asked me to let you all know that Bill has been in the hospital since April 1 and that he isn't doing well at all. :cry: I wondered why I hadn't seen any posts from her, so I PM'd last night and she replied this morning at about 7:00 a.m. (I just now saw her message). She was heading back to the hospital. I communicated w/Peg via PM before I joined the board because we both had the same name, live in Indiana, our hubby's are about the same age and have nearly identical dx. I've been a member for such a short period of time and really don't know any of you, not even Peg, but I am wiping the dripping tears from eyes as I type this. :cry: When God passed out "sensitivity", I'm afraid he gave me an overdose. Peg, when you see this, I am sending you my love, my hugs, and my prayers that Bill will pull through.

Peggy

Peggy,

Thank you for the information.

Please understand, your emotions are at the very raw edges and any little thing will set off the water works. Welcome to the "new normal". It's a stage, it will come and go as life goes on. Work on breathing...deep breath in and slowly let it out....repeat as necessary to calm your nerves some. Always allow yourself time to cry, be it in the shower or snuggled up in bed. If you don't let off some of that pressure, it will boil over and explode (and that AIN'T pretty)...

Things do ease up some, honest. It's not going to go away, that's a truth you have to deal with, but it WILL ease up some....and then it will pop up again, but not with the same ferocity as the first time.

Tears are normal, you're not crazy.

Take care, and don't forget to breathe,

Becky

Thank you, Snowflake. When I read your post, I immediately took a big deep breath. I already knew to do that, but didn't even think of it. My emotions are always at the raw edge - been like that since I was a little girl. [You wrote: It's a stage, it will come and go as life goes on.] Nope! That part won't happen. At 55, I know it isn't going to change, but I guess if I had to choose between my emotional triggers and being without them, I would choose the emotions. When you hurt, I hurt and that's just the way I'm built. I wrote to Ry (PM) after I made the post about Peg and Bill and told her that I didn't know if I could stay because the sad things hit me so hard. Like she said, it's hard to stay, but it's hard to go, too. I've lost a mom, grandmas and grandpas, relatives and friends, and even a baby son, but I have the hardest time with the husband/wife thing. I've been married to my man for more years than you've been born, and God wasn't kidding when he said the two become one flesh. Just the thought of a permanent separation from that bond of all bonds just about pushes me over the edge - and it doesn't even matter if it's not me facing the pain. But, guess what, I'm going to breathe and breathe and breathe if that's what will help me get through the sad news that hits this site, because I decided that I AM GONNA STAY!!!!

Peggy,

The sad things are hitting me pretty hard right now, too...and I'm the resilient one! Doesn't matter how you are wired, this cancer thing takes it to the utmost degree - a half peg down from total meltdown. I hope that you can find some release for the emotional pressure that builds up, either medication or counseling or both. (I have both - I see a counselor AT LEAST once a month and have Xanax and Ambien for the times that the statistics just won't stop dancing in my head.)

Take care, and thanks for sticking around!

Becky

Dear Peggy,

I thank you sooooo much for sharing the information on our Peg and Bill.

I honestly went to bed last night with them on my mind, thinking to myself, hummm haven't seen a post from Peg! And then I get on the Board now, and POOF! Sadly though, it's NOT THE NEWS I HAD HOPED TO HEAR!! :(:(

Thank you again, and I'm very glad you decided to stay with us. Just remember, you always have the choice of passing over some of the sad news on sad days.

God Bless,

Peggy,

Thank you for sharing the info with us. I have been praying for Peg and Bill since I first met them here, and it really hurts me to hear that Bill is so down. I am praying extra fervently for his health and healing.

I'm also glad to hear that you've decided to stay. Like you, I am wired extra sensitively, and it is hard sometimes to be here. But I would rather feel the pain of the bad news here, to feel the overwhelming love of this family.

God Bless you, and God please watch over Bill and restore his strength and God help us all.

Carleen

Peggy,

I am so glad you decided to stay with us. I myself feel so overwhelmed by other's loss that I sometimes have to distance myself from the board. However, the strength that I derive from these folks and their support, far exceeds the grief and sadness. I also would be so lost if something happened to "us." I really thought I would die befor my dear husband, that is until he had a heart attack at 47 years of age about a month ago. We have been together 20 years. My Jack is my life. My triumphs are not triumphs without him. He would fight to his very last breath for me, and unselfishly lay down his life so that I might live. What would life be without him? I don't want to imagine it. I am afraid that this disease will separate us, and I cannot bear that. So Peggy, I too can relate to how you feel, as do so many others on this board. You are in my prayers.

Cheryl