I am the lung cancer booth :)

Andrea

Peoples,

I need some help. I will be away this weekend. AAAAHHHHHH. But that's ok. I got a call from the Relay for Life Team Liason. Apparently they are looking for teams to be a type of cancer. I said I am lung cancer!!! So I am supposed to have a Lung Cancer booth of sorts.

I will be able to hand out anything about lung cancer I want :) I will print out Rick's official LCSC flyers in color. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I want to push LCSC as much as I can. I also am going to sell the totes that will have www.lchelp.com on them.

Wait till I tell my mom that I am the official Lung Cancer advocate of the race!! I get to preech to people and tell them about awareness and early detection!!!!!!!!!! How much fun is it to REALLY say what's on your mind to someone without it being personal. I am ONLY trying to help out by informing people of this disease.

One more step forward and I am outta here.

Ry,

I asked Brian and my mom how I am supposed to be away from the internet for so long, 3 days. They told me it will be great therapy and I can give everyone a break from me. Heeheee.

Clearly I am not that busy today at work either and am just sitting here waiting to go :wink:

Maybe an additional flyer on known causes of lung cancer - smoking, radon, pollution, cosmic rays (a theory of my spouse when discussing "unknowns"), etc., and the symptoms of lung cancer.

If it's just a "So Now You Have Lung Cancer" thing, people will disregard it as not happening to them - especially if they don't smoke.

"Preaching" may be a turn-off. Friendly disclosure of information would probably be better accepted.

I agree completely Snowflake. I was TEASING about preaching, I meant it in a funny way. 8) Also, I will be getting additional info to hand out about Lung Cancer from the Cancer Society. I just want to at the same time push this place. I want to do everything at once :)

Ok so this nutty guy I used to work with has a theory that some Martians implant cancer in us while we sleep. So kinda makes you crave insomnia--oops, too late, I've been implanted.

Andrea--keep the stories and enthusiasm coming and Hey aren't you on vacation, yet??

Elaine,

Ok, I made it home from work. I had to say goodbye like I was going away for ever. I was told not to think of the "C" word. I said ok, no carrots on this trip, I will start the diet after :) heehee

I am in my jeans, my shirt, I am getting my last fix of checking out the board and my e-mail and I am now shutting down and walking to the door. It probably is best I don't have internet roamer on my cells ;)

Hugs and kisses and cancer cure wishes to one and all

Oh no, Elaine! Do you think you were probed, as well?? X-Files flashbacks? We are NOT alone....

Hmmmm...there's a thought, though.... I'm sure we've ALL met someone that could have been a Martian pointman....and I do have some lapses in my memory AND spent time in New Orleans prior to diagnosis - there could have been a martian colony in the hotel!

Now see the real SCARY part of the whole thing is, Becky, that he, of all the people I know, seems soooooo alien that it jsut might be that HE is a Martian. ANd since a few years back he plugged his camper/trailor in my driveway and plugged into my electricity, I think he may have had access.

And yes, you do have to watch out for strange conventions going on in hotels where you are staying--especially in New Orleans.

Elaine

NOOOOOOOO!

Oh, Elaine, that really is GOOD news, if you think about it! I think you've found THE cause of lung cancer! Goony guys in campers! It HAS to be a conspiracy, they're attempting to weed out humans so they can take over the planet! (At least they aren't EATING us...)

...and to think, I've probably DATED aliens...at least I got a free dinner out of it! 8)

That is so funny!

My aunt told my family that my Dad was injecting my mom with drugs and that we were trying to kill her. (My Dad was giving her Procrit). Even though we explained it that Procrit is given to make her healthier and the doctor prescribed it, she still says we drugged her to her death. She also tells everyone my mother did not have cancer because we never did a biopsy of the tumor (we had her brain tumor biopsied 3 different times from 3 different medical facilities) What a loon. She may go for the alien theory. Maybe I'll try that one on her so she gets off my case! That's when she decides to talk to me again. Last I heard she was getting a lawyer to sue me for my mothers death. okay, sorry turn this fun conversation into something grim. I guess it's something that's bothering me more than I want to admit.