Has anyone obtained second opinions from MD Anderson?

carol

Hi, has anyone obtained second opinion from MD Anderson in Houston, TX? Can you recommend oncologists/radiologists who specialize in NSCLA? My dad’s CT shows small nodules in both lungs with max diameter of 2mm. We need second opinion to determine if these are cancerous. The two primary tumors are in his right lung. I would like to know:

1. What kind of information do I need to provide other than the CT and PET scan?

2. How do they do it? Is it better for me to make a trip to meet the doctors? I live in Dallas.

3. How long does it take to get their opinion back once they receive the info they need? I need this done quick,quick, quick.

4. Do they only provide diagnosis such as staging, or do they also recommend treatment plans?

5. What’s the cost?

Thanks in advance!!!

• 8 months later...

I WENT TO MD ANDERSON FOR A SECOND AFTER MY INITIAL DIAGNOSIS IN 2001. iF YOU GO TO THEIR WED SITE IT WILL TELL YOU HOW TO SELF REFER TO THEM. tHEY WILL PUT YOU IN CONTACT WITH A FACILITATOR AND THEY WILL TELL YOU ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO SEND TO THEM. i SEND MEDICAL RECORDS AND ACTUAL PATHOLOGY SLIDES FOR THEM TO REVIEW. iT WAS WORTH THE TRIP