Results are in

RAY A

Thank you for all your prayers for a clean scan but my cancer has returned it ugly face AGAIN. My one anrenal gland has returned a tumor of 2cm. My onoc. wants me to stay with the Irissa and to start Chemo again next Friday. This was very depressing news for my wife and I. He wants me start Taxotere once a week for three weeks and one off. That would be a cycle. After two cycles we will scan again to see if its working. I feel at this point it is the beginning of the end. I feel we are throwing tennis balls at a tank. I know I have to think positive but I know I am going to die from this cancer. Has anyone received the chemo Taxotere?

Was it efective and what can I expect?

Thanks again for every thing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Ray, this is not the news we wanted. I'm so sorry. John had taxotere and tolerated it pretty well. I know it has worked miracles for lots of the members here and I hope it is your ticket to remission as well.

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best~

Rochelle

Ray,

I am so sorry to hear the beast is back. I am on Taxol / Carbo for my second round of treatment so I have no info on Taxotere. You have my best wishes and continued prayers and remember, as long as you are breathing there is HOPE!! We don't know what treatment is coming down the pipe that could wipe out what we have! I for one am NOT giving up till they pull the sheet over me (and then I may have a surprise in store for them).

God Bless you,

MO

Oh Ray, I was praying so hard to see you in Good News.

Earl had 3 Taxotere treatments last summer. It was really just given to him as a precaution, so we were not looking for tumor shrinkage.

He did tolerate it very well though.

I will continue praying hard for you. And I agree, as long as there is life there is hope. Attitude really helps too. I know there is some pointed head sneaker researcher in a basement lab just about to say Eureka!

Hang tough my friend.

Ginny

Oh Ray, this is so not the news we were all hoping for, but please DO NOT throw in the towel just yet! I have heard so many good things about Taxotere and while I can't personally vouch for it's effectiveness at zapping those d@mned tumors, I did have 6 weekly doses of it as a "precautionary chemo" along w/ Carboplatin (and Radiation). It wasn't a bad infusion -- only about 45 minutes and it didn't seem to hard to tolerate -- the weeks they added the carboplatin in there were my worst weeks.

I pray that this protocol will return you to remission status. Just hang on to your strong faith in Dr. Stevenson and your even stronger faith in the Lord.

Prayers,

Heather

Ray,

mom had taxotere and had allergic reactions to it and stopped after 1 infusion. BUT I dont think they gave her enough anti-reaction medication the days prior to her infusion and mom was very very sick when they gave it to her.

I know what I have read about it though and it works wonders in a majority of patients.

I am praying for you ray. I am praying for us all.

is the one adrenal gland the only place it came back to??

Ray,

I, too, am so sorry to hear this report. As you can see, most have tolerated Taxotere very well, but my husband had a severe allergic reaction to it, so had to stop it after the 3rd treatment. Before they had to stop it, though, it shot some HUGE holes in a 7 cm tumor, so by all means GO FOR IT! I've been told it is frequently the first line drug and drug of choice for lung cancer.

Please don't despair, please don't give up. I know it's easy for me to say and harder to do, but please, please don't give up! Fight it! Fight it! Fight it! :x

Love and God's blessing to you!

Peggy

Ray, I know you are feeling down right now but I am still hoping that the Iressa starts to do it number on you along with the chemo. Go for whatever your body can tolerate for what is there to lose...will be praying for you.

I know how hard it is on the family so if your wife needs someone to talk to pm me and I will give you my phone number.

Ray - I am so sorry you are facing this setback. I kept looking for your post and when you didn't post immediately on Friday, I had a feeling it wasn't the best news. PLEASE PLEASE don't give up hope. I honestly believe that a positive attitude is as important as any drugs they give you. I know right now you are upset, and you have every right to be, but take a deep breath and KICK BUTT!!! I am praying for renewed spirit for you and healing!! Love, Sharon

Hi, Ray, sorry to hear your news but you have beaten this thing back before, you can do it again.

My Jim is to start Taxotere this Wednesday - our doc said it isn't too bad on side effects mainly fatigue. She said he could have flu-like symthoms the first 3 or 4 days, if that, but it should pass. We'll see.

I'll be watching for your updates, hope it goes well for you.

Margaret

I am sorry to hear the bad news Ray.But hang in there buddy.It takes courage and you sure have a lot of that.Tennis balls and tanks?Remember David and Goliath.You can beat it and you will.Hold that chin up.Praying for us all.TBone

Ray,

Dag Nab it! I would use more explicit words to describe my frustration right now for you, but don't want to offend anyone. Don't you dare give up. I have talked to researchers who tell me that there will be a cure for lung cancer coming down the pipeline in the not to distant future. Your goal right now should be to try to stay as healthy as possible and hang on to your faith. You are allowed to get bummed and discouraged for now, just regroup my friend. Tomorrow is another day. I will keep you in my prayers.

Cheryl