Results are in

RAY A

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Ray.....

I know how hard it is when we keep getting bad news. We just have to look the beast straight in the eyes, then kick it in the shins as hard as we can. I keep a pair of steel toed jump boots for just that purpose. (they TOLD me that Ranger Training would come in handy some day! :wink: )

It's discouraging to be on the receiving end of bad news, but Ray-my-friend, let's you and me keep on living each of the days we are given. Do the best we can to fight off the disease, and live as well as we can in the interim. You can pack an entire lifetime into a day, if you work it just right. You're a smart guy with a family that loves you very much. You can live this life of yours, and love those folks at home, do it all in such a way as to REALLY live and not just exist. I know you can. I know we both can.

Fay, I got somethin' better than steel toed jump boots . . . . . I got (whisper) . . . . . gang clothes! Those ought to scare that evil cancer away reaaaaaaaaaal good, don't you think?

Whenever one of my wonderful friends gets her feelings hurt, or insulted by one of "them" and they come to me in tears, I always hug the friend and while I'm hugging her I tell her, in a very soft voice, I'm going to go home tonight, put on my gang clothes, catch them when they least expect it and they are dead meat! :lol: It always makes them smile, and VOILA, they stop crying. Works for me.

Ray: That's what you need - steel toed jump boots and gang clothes - and Fay and I gott'em. NOW do you feeling like fighting? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :twisted:

Ray, my friend-

This is rough, rotten news. I, too, wondered when I didn't see a post from you on Friday. I was hoping it was just due to being busy with Easter and family.

I really liked Fay's message to you and can't improve on it, but I can continue to send prayers your way that you have the strength and spirit needed to meet each day and give it your best. Extra love and hugs.

DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP RAY!!!

From what I can tell my friend, you've got far too many things to be positive about. This is your classic "bump in the road." I know, it seems like such a large bump right now. But, YOU CAN DO IT RAY!!! I just watched a program tonight about a guy who has been living for the past seven years after being diagnosed with adrenal cancer. And he's still going strong! Be tough with this thing Ray. We're all with you. Take care.

David P.

Ray,

I sure do hate that you didn't get good news, but please don't give up! You've beat it back so far, keep it up! I didn't have taxotere, but have heard such good things about it--I bet it does the trick for you.......hang in there friend.

I don't post too often on this board but I had to reply to your post, because I too was following your situation and hoping to see you show up in the Good News category.

I don't presume to know how it feels to be the cancer patient but I can tell you how it feels to be the child of a cancer patient. There is nothing more debilitating than to watch your dad have to battle this relentless beast. You hurt so bad for them inside that at times that is all you can think about really!!!! I'm 34 and have 3 children of my own and can barely stand the pain of seeing my dad have to be on this physical much less emotional rollercoaster; it is simply heartbreaking!! I take my cues from whatever it is he's doing. If he's positive and up, so am I; if he's low and feeling blue; so am I!! I still need him even if I have a family and life of my own now.

Your kids are younger and still dependent on you they are watching you like a hawk I guarantee it!!! If you are physically and mentally able, I bid you to fight on; please. Your kids need you here to see them through the high and low times in their life. They only have one dad and you cannot be replaced. As Fay indicated in an earlier reply, Live as much life as God has ordained for you. Take advantage of every opportunity with them and your wife as you can. We are not judged by the amount of blessings we have in our life but with the MANAGEMENT of the blessings we have in our life. I hope God just showers you with many unexpected blessings right now in your time of need!!!

Hi Ray,

Sorry about the news, but this is just a little bump in the road. You are a man of strong faith and all you have to do is put this in our Lord, Jesus hands. It is bigger than us and He will take care and heal us. By His stripes we are healed and we claim that healing. Keep a positive attitude and believe in our Lord. That is what I do constantly and you must do this too. I feel deep in my heart you are healed, do not waiver from this thought. Never give up or give in, keep the faith. You are always in my prayers. If you want to talk, PM me and I will give you my pone number.

Blessings,

Karen

Guest Karen C

Ray, this is very disappointing and I know you are upset - and we are too - but don't give up the fight! I don't think it's the beginning of the end at all. I have FAITH that you will kick this beast, you are just being challenged here.

We will be praying for you.

God Bless,

Karen C. (David C's wife)

I would just like to thank you all for your support. It worked. I feel a little better now with the encouraging news of people who had success with taxotere and I am ready to fight this beast. I will fight untill my last breath.

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!!!!

Dear Ray,

I am so very sorry to hear your cancer is back! I know how that news can take the wind out of your sails. But regroup and don't lose hope. My mom never ever gave up hope...even up to her last breath. I will be praying that Taxotere beats this demon into remission.

Blessings,

Andrea B.

Ray,

I'm glad to hear that you are back in the "fight"!

I had 5 rounds of Taxotere with clinical trial (maybe - it's double blind) ZD-6474.

After the 4th round of treatment, I had 31% shrinkage! So you just never know what will work and for who. My main problem with any of the chemo's I've received is low blood counts and neutropenic fevers.

Overall, Taxotere treated me much better than Taxol/Carbo!

We have to hang in there, even when we feel like we are down for the count! I know how you feel and where you are coming from, I think we've all felt the same way at some point!

Keep your chin up and when it's down, let us know and we will all do our best to pick it back up for you!

TAnn

Way to go Ray. Sorry about your scans but am glad you have bounced back.

I would like to add that this thread is what this board is all about. No where else have I found this much concern and support. Keep us posted on further scans. Again congragulations on your "Comeback." Bruce

Hi Ray,

It's me again. I wanted to share part of a post that I posted in Dec 2003. My surgeon is pleased with the results he is seeing from Taxol.

Now here is what I really wanted to share. A student doctor was with my surgeon today. He briefed her on what I had done as well as my pathology report. Here is where I was surprised. He said there was a micro-scopic trace of cancer. I had heard one of my other dr say this so I ask him this. Does that mean that there is a micro-scopic trace left before surgery or after surgery? To my surprise he told me that that was all that was there when he operated. My thought was why did you take lung for a trace but I kept my mouth shut. He made the comment to the student that Carbo/Taxol was really doing a good job and that he was seeing good results from everyone that had that type of chemo.

Hope this continues to lift your spirits some. Bruce