Unexpected Results!

Nancy B

Hi Everybody,

I went for my 6 month checkup (chest x-ray) today. I was feeling very confident as I am 4 years out, ct scan last September was clear, no problems. Today's x-ray shows a 1.2 cm nodule in what is left of my left lung (behind my heart). My pulmonologist is ordering a ct scan with contrast and also of the esophogus as I am having a problem with food getting stuck part way down. I have not had any chemo or radiation. I am trying to be really positive but I can't help feeling that "the other shoe has dropped". I just hope and pray that "it" is something besides cancer but the doc couldn't really come up with a plausible reason for it. I will call tomorrow for the appointment - please say a prayer for me.

"May the spirit of love and joy create a dancing shadow that follows you always"

Hugs,

Nancy B

I hope it is benign but the good thing is you know it might be the reason you are having problems swollowing and now that you know it is there it can be dealt with then you will swollow with ease. Prayers going up . Donna G

Guest Phyllis

I am sorry for what you are going through. I hate test result time. But the good side could be that you are chemo naive; therefore, won't a good chemo like carbo/taxol or something have really good chances of working on you as opposed to someone like me who is starting to build up a resistance to chemo. Plus my neighbor just completed radiation on a 6 cm. tumor on her esophagus and ended up having radiation which shrank the dang thing and may have destroyed it. Her onc had to really push for it and she had a hard time swallowing and eating during the time but she seems to be doing really well now. Good luck and I will say a prayer for you.

I did have a chest xray done on my 1year anniversary--first glance was fine. Had a phone call before I returned home that "something" did show up. That was followed by a nervous breakdown, and then a week long wait for the CAT scan test and results. NOTHING was there, and continued to not be there.

So maybe, maybe, maybe . . .

gail

Nancy B,

I sure hope everything is ok--remember, people have things like this pop up all the time and it turns out to be nothing--we are just highly sensitized to it all because we've had those problems, but it doesn't mean that the beast is back----try to keep a positive thought, and I'll keep one for you too.....let us know how you're doing.

This is the kind of news that really rocks our boats and ups the worry quotient. I won't tell you not to worry because that is impossible. I will pray that the cancer hasn't returned and that you get resolution on your symptoms. Keep us posted. My heart is constricted for you.

Oh my gosh, you guys are so wonderful. I just didn't have anybody else to talk to that would understand. My husband and son are very supportive but they just haven't "been there". I spent 7 hours today in a plastic surgeons office to have skin cancer surgery to my nose. I had radiation therapy for acne when I was a teenager so I get lots of basal and squamous cell cancers on my face. I am high risk for thyroid cancer because of it also. They had to do a skin graft on one side of my nose - tissue from behind my ear - I look like I have been hit by a truck (or two). Some pain but nothing compared to the lung surgery. When it rains, it pours but I just keep praying and plugging along.

Thanks for all your kind words and prayers. I wish I could just reach out and give all of you a big hug!

Love Ya!

Nancy B

Hi Everybody,

I am scheduled for the ct scan at 2:00 tomorrow (California time). I am hoping for the best but gearing up for the "whatever". I probably won't have any results until sometime next week. I really appreciate all your prayers and words of encouragement - thanks guys! I will let you know as soon as I do, thanks for caring.

Hugs,

Nancy B