Day 3 of second round of chemo....

Jane4321

Well you all, I'm about to go complete my second round of chemo treatment.... This time around so far (knock on wood) I haven't felt nasious at all a little dizzy a couple of times but not bad, however my back is in some horrible and miserable pain.. It burns inside and out, hurts for anything at all to touch my skin even my tshirts and there are red splotches here and there, my oncologist thinks maybe I'm developing shingles because the burning pain indicates nerves.... All I know is it is miserabel! I can hardly sleep at night and gee I have to wear clothes LOL Well I am on medication, hope it helps because pain killers don't even work for it... Anyways, my oncologist said he wants to do a complete CT Scan after this round of chemo in 2 weeks. He normally does it half way through which would be 3 months but for some reason wants to check mine now... I wonder why, I just may have to ask my nurse if he is concerned about something or what. I'm anxious to know if chemo is working to be honest just worry some is worrying the doctor for him to check so soon. Well... I must go it's drip time! LOL Take care and see you all real soon.

Jane

hello..........i also get scaned every 2 cycles....the dr wants to make sure chemo is working. after my first 2 rounds i had a major shrinkage but after the next two it was not significant shrinkage..so dr changed one drug. he probably does not want to waste any rounds of chemo on you like mine does not want to.

Thanks, I have tried to keep my sense of humor through this.. I have always been funny and outgoing and try to see the bright side of things, I love to make people laugh somewhat of a class clown in school :-) I hope I don't offend anyone with my sense of humor, I am not ever poking fun at this I know it is very serious business I just prefer to laugh rather than feeling sad or angry or depressed. Still suffering a bit with the shingles but it seems to be getting better even tho I have been up since 3am with a painful spot in my back, it was much worse before. Hope all is well with everyone! :-) it is almost 6am I am beginning to feel sleepy and I need to get my daughter off to school. Take care!

Jane