update on my treatment

David A

Hi everyone, Friday 4/16 I had an appt with my oncologist to discuss what to do following my latest bout of pnuemonia. He couldn't be 100% sure that it wasn't caused by the iressa, so he said I had two options

1. to go back on the iressa and hope it wasn't causing the pnuemonia.

2. to stay off the iressa and watch for growth as I'm stable for now.

So I chose option two as stable is good in my book, and I hate being in the hospital. While I was in the hosp. it was discoveredI had fluid around my heart also so they are going to watch that closely also.

Thank you all so much for all the well wishes and prayers lately, I feel better then I have in awhile.

Praying for us all (even Dave G)

:)

Stability is a very good thing David and I pray it lasts for a very very long time!!! I have been checking this board off and on hoping for this update as I knew you were going to the doc on Friday. I am so happy that you spring/summer is off to a feeling good kind of start. 8)

Guest Billie

David,

"Stable" sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you're feeling better and are now home. Hoping things stay this way for a long time to come.

Billie

Hi David,

Glad you are home and getting better. We missed your posts and also in chat. It's not fun in the hospital unless the food is good. I have to say the food was good when I was in there a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad you opted for the second decision and that everything is stable. :D Praying that you stay stable for ever. Let us know how you are doing. You are always in my prayers...

Blessings,

Karen