first taxotere treatment.

RAY A

Fri I had my first Taxotere treatment. It went pretty well. The nurses were upset seeing me again. But they had a positive atitude and told me we will just have to kick its butt again. Felt a little tired this week end but not wiped out. Yesterday I think I was pushing myself to much and I had to lay down. My wife came over to feel my head and she said I was warm so she took my temp and it was 99.6 (a little high) later she took it again and it was normal. My wife tells everyone I have to do this for six months and I tell her I hope I am because that would mean its working.

OH Yea with all this bad news about the tumor coming back in my adrenal glands I forgot about the good news. I also had a MRI of my head....ALL CLEAR. No evidance of mestatic desease. :D

Ray,

It looks like you and I have a very similar course. I just completed my 2nd cycle of Taxotere after Cisplatin and Gemzar did not work for me. The tumors have gone to my adrenal glands as well. I have not yet gotten into remission, but certainly hope to with the Taxotere.

The only side affect, other than hair loss is fatigue about 3 days after treatment that last a few days. I have had a little joint ache as well. Nothing serious. Hang in there. We'll get through this together. I've got a lot to live for too and at 53 years old, I still have much to do. Feel free to e-mail me PM if you have any questions about the Taxotere.

Take care my friend!!!

CathyR