Tomorrow....

Fay A.

Dear Fay,

I will be praying that you become eligible for the GVAX vaccine, however that may be. I know what you mean...my mom had her lung tapped to see if there was cancer in the fluid. I remember being shocked at myself for praying she had cancer present.

You are in my thoughts.

Andrea B.

::waving my hands in the air:: Weirdo here too, weirdo here too!!! When we looked into the GVAX trial for my father, I was wishing for a bigger liver met or some enlarged lymph nodes or a larger pleural effusion. Talk about backwards! We didn't get any of those and my dad wouldn't have the surgery on his lung (at the time they were still doing major surgery to retreive tumor). Fay....I will pray for anything and everything that will help you to continue to fight and beat this rotten disease into the ground! So, dear God, if Fay must have spread of this cancer, please let her lumps in her armpits be large enough to get a good sample for the GVAX trial. Amen.

Boy, I know I am really late coming in on this post, but Fay you are always in my prayers. Although I have never prayed that anybody have progression, I will pray that God's will be in that which will prove the best benefit for you to beat this stinking disease.

Hope all went well with your tests.

God Bless you Fay

Carleen

Hi,

I got in late on this but I was turned down by GVAX for having TOO MANY mets so I would be careful about praying for more.TBone

PS

Too many being 3 different locations.I really think they turned me down for brain mets but the 3 mets thing was not on their original list.It was only after I did a PET scan that they made me aware of this qualification.TBone

Not strange sounding at all. I will be asking my onc if I could be a candidate to participate in the GVAX trial at my next appointment (5-5-04). The GVAX sounds like the most promising thing coming down the pike. I understand EXACTLY how you feel. I would rather be a candidate than not, I do have lymph node envolvement and that would mean a large enough lymph node that they could extract. Praying for whatever gets you the best results for you.

Deb