Baaaaaad Snowflake - you're killin' me here!

SandyS

Snowflake -

Just catching up on the posts here and ran across all of Katie's "sad" stuff (which was said enough!), and in one of them you said "I went back and read my first post...."

I thought, hey I should do that too! Well, as I was trying to figure out where they were archived to from that long ago, I realized I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!

I started crying just remembering that Sam was one of the first to reassure me - crap, flowin' again.

Annnnnnnnnyhow - I saw that I didn't join until January 2003.....I was diagnosed November 1st 2002 - I don't remembering working thru 2 months of this mess by myself! It seems like Katie, Sam, Judy, DavidG and Connie were there with me from Day 1 - oh god and Mrs. Mike. Oh geez, pass the kleenex.

Guess I shouldn't have started typing........kind of emotional today - don't worry - I'm fine - really! LOL!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

I'm sorry, Sandy.

Glad I'm not weepy right now, too darn tired to risk dehydration...just plain MEAN right now with a little bit of orn'ry tossed in (and if you don't believe me, you can ask Cookieman how much more "regular" a person can be with more than one exit area...LOL).

I hope you're feeling better soon, try bananas, they work for me when I'm blue. Of course, I only like bananas that are covered with ice cream, hot fudge, hot caramel, toffee and a cherry.... 8)

...and I STILL haven't been able to flag down that cabana boy with my flippin' drink! ARGH!

Ya know, Sandy...I was just skimming through your signature line with "unidentifiable mass" and "mass benign" and FINALLY know why I don't like to go to church with my spouse... )My hubby is a choir boy, believe it or not.) "MASS" has VERY negative connotations for me - my "mass" did, too...

Maybe they should change it to "Morning Meeting" or "Evening Evangelical"...I dunno...but MASS is not a good thing... :roll:

Gail - you're so frickin' smart! That has to be it.

I was thinking..........no.........I MOVED in early December and was horrible not being able to post a few days while I was disconnected.....

THAT explains it! I THOUGHT I found this "home" pretty early on - never would have made it if I hadn't!

SandyS

Hey Gail, pull up a chair here by the pool with Sandy and I! We are awaiting that cabana boy with the blended boozy stuff...

Cabana Boy! You're working on losing ANY tip! (He must be avoiding me after I pinched his little hiney...LOL)

Anyone else want to share the table and the buff beverage boy?? :shock:

Ok, slide over and make some room. Been a bad day here at the resort. Forget the cabana boy, just poor the drink in my picc line.

A few months ago I was looking for a post and it was weird to go back and read the old posts. It is really like reading a diary, there was much I had forgotten.

I think that ETHICALLY one would need the permission of everyone posting here. I've considered using my thoughts for a book but didn't want to step on anyone's toes if I were to write a book by putting in THEIR "stories" without an okay - ya know?

I could possibly undertake such a task, but would need a little help from my friends....hmmmm...(Thank GOD for computers and no more typewriters - I could pound this out by the pool with you ladies and "happy beverages"!)

I wouldn't think you would have to have permission if you didn't use names and kinda generalized things. The "stuff" on this board is so powerful, moving, and touching. It would be great to get some of these stories out so people would know more about what goes on with "lung cancer". Meantime, pour me a glass of Merlot please.

I'm pulling up a chair, but tell the cabana boy to make mine a sangria!!!, Hey Sandy, I've been here with ya too......Check who was the first one to register when the board switched over here.

While we are chatting, does anyone know how to put pictures at the bottom of your post like Katie has? I'd like to put my Mom's there, and post family photos in the other spot.

faylene

I'll take the "buffing"!!!!! LOL!

Of course Fay - just rattled off a few of the first names that came to mind....

Tell that cabana boy we're gonna call him "Princess Consuela Banana-hammock" if he doesn't get over here soon! Anyone know where THAT'S from? Hmmmmmmmm?

And Ry - good one with the pic line!

Thanks for making me laugh guys!

SandyS

Oh my gosh, I just checked my first posts and BeckyG was one of the first to reply. DeanCarl, Maryann, Karen, Snowflake, wow. My heart aches for the losses and yet feels warm from the love by everyone if that makes sense.

This poor cabana boy is going to be very busy. A bunch of giggling ladies (I use the term loosly) sipping sangria, merlot, my rum and tonic and crazy drinks with umbrellas and palm tree straws.

Ry, how you gonna get that umbrella thru the pic line?

I think we need the banana sundaes for the nutrition, although I like a lime in my rum and tonic. I always ask for two limes to make sure I get my vitamin C. It has warded off rickets or scurvey (can't remember which) so far.

Not sure what the other board was. Joined here 1/10/03. Had been on another board (can't remember name) but found it very depressing.

What's the dress code for the drink festival?

Ginny

Count me in! Not sure what sounds best, the blended boozy thing or the banana concoction thingy - maybe both! :D

I'll have the chocolate monkey....with plenty of rum!!!! That has chocolate ice cream, bananas and booze, all blended together! Who said we can't have it all? :twisted: