Scan partial results

carlton

Hi Everyone-- Just received a call form the onc. nurse about last weeks scan. She wants me in the office tomorrow to discuss things. She did not want to talk on the phone but i made her tell me some of what was written. Well the tumor is back inthe liver i think she said it was 1.25 centimeters. And there is worsoning of the left lung where tumor is. She will discuss options with the onc. before my appt. tomorrow and then let me know what will be advised she did not sound to up about anything. Welli guess it will be a very long nite. Have so many things to think about .Prayers Please. just can't stop crying did not expect this. Thanks to you all, Carlton

Carlton,

I am so sorry the news wasn't what you had hoped for. I hate this disease and the pain and emotional suffering it causes. I will pray that that there is an answer to your questions tomorrow. I know this will be a long night, and nothing I can say will make that not true.

Elaine

Carlton,

Sorry to hear that news isn't great.

BUT don't borrow trouble.

You won't know until you talk to the doctor. Then I bet you'll come up with the next treatment phase to kick this disease's butt.

I wish there were something to say to help stop the tears,

but maybe letting it all out is a good thing.

Wait until tomorrow and see what the scan results are.

Wishing you strength...

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Dear Carlton,

I am so sorry for the news you received. I know how devastating it can be when we get news we dread hearing. I remember all to well the times we got bad news when sitting with my mom. I would go home and sob and wonder how I would ever get the hope back. Then we would regroup and come up with another plan of action. Maybe the GVAX vaccine is an option for you?? You are in my prayers.

Andrea B.

Oh Carlton,

Please don't let this nurse discourage you. Today is no different from yesterday, and tomorrow no different from today. If you didn't know this news, you would continue to live life and plan for tomorrow. It is a state of mind set. The majority of us have already been told we are terminal, and that there is no cure for this disease. Yet we continue on, somehow we get through it. Remember, nobody but God knows when our last breath will be. There are people on this board that were told they needed to get their live's in order, because they only had weeks to live and they are still here. Please don't lose your hope, that is what Satan wants. God will carry you through this my friend, just give this to him. I am holding you safe in my prayers.

Cheryl

Carlton,

I, too, am sorry you heard what you didn't want to hear. I love what Cheryl wrote. She is right on target. Her words are very comforting. Scroll back up there right now and read it again, this time read it very slowly and let every word sink in. She is so right.

God bless you,

Peggy

Carlton-

This is unexpected, disheartening news, and I know you can't help but be worried sick until you see your onc and figure out where to go from here. Hold fast to the thought that a plan will be forthcoming. Praying diligently for you.

Carlton,

You had a nice little "break", but it is time to get back into the fight and get on another course of treatment. I know how hard it is to hear that the cancer has progressed. I, too am on a "break" and have a ct scan next week. I'm hoping to stay stable, but I know from experience that I might not be.

I pray that you appointment today goes well and that you and your dr. come up with a good battle plan. Keep us posted on your decision.

Saying a prayer for you right now.......

TAnn

Guest Phyllis

I'm soo soo sorry about the news. It is always our worst nightmare that the scan results will not be as good as we hoped. I am sure there are other options. Take care.