Had a tumor removed from my eyelid

Fay A.

I really appreciate your kind words. That was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. I was most certainly NOT brave....just more afraid of what the needle would do if I made an unexpected move. I don't have the path report on the tumor, yet. I am hoping it's just another giant cell tumor ( I've had several of them over the years. They are a very slow growing malignancy and considered benign because it can take 20 to 40 years for them to seed or spread), and not a met from the Lung. Better yet, let it be just some benign thing that is never going to spread or seed or met at all.

Lately I find myself wishing for lesser of evils...I'm still optimistic, but becoming more inclined to deal with what is realistic for me as the disease spreads.

Of course, I'm the one who thinks it's realistic to expect to be able to visit my friends in this world when this body stops working. :)

Oh my goodness Fay!!!

Sending out prayers for benigh path on that tumor.

I know how unnerving it can be to see that needle heading straight for your eye. For the past few years I've wanted to get laser eye surgery to correct my vision. About 3 years ago though I had a tumor develop on my eyelid as well and had to go through the same procedure. I sat motionless as the biggest needle I've ever seen (or at least mentally at the time so it seemed) came straight at my eye. After it was numb I watched as the doctor pulled my lid out and cut the tumor out with a straight razor blade :shock:

Well, after that, I guess I can live with my glasses for a while longer. I don't want anything coming at my eyes again for a long time.

Long story short, it turned out to be an oil gland that was inflamed and nothing serious. I pray for the same for you.

All my best wishes for you always

Carleen

Dear Fay-

The extraoridinary experiences just keep coming your way, don't they??? I wish I could somehow impress upon "them" that, HEY! This lady needs a break for awhile here!!!

Glad that tumor is out and that you are feeling and seeing better. Take care and know that I am thinking of you with love and admiration.

Fay,

Yikes... glad that's over with!!! I've had a couple of very severe eye abrasions, one where they just had to knock me out and I woke up 24 hours later with bandages on, and had to work up the courage to ask my mother if I was going to be blind. (I was 16.) So I know from eye pain...

After that, when I had to put eye drops in, it took 2 people to hold me down and one to put the drops in. I couldn't stand EYE DROPS coming toward my eye... a needle? No thanks!!! (By the way, I later learned a neat trick for eye drops, if anyone out there has that particular phobia... I can do it like a pro, now.)

Anyway, I'm so glad the tumor is gone, the needle is gone, and your eyesight is better. I hope the path report shows it's nothing to even be concerned about.

And as far as visiting friends in this world when this body gives out... I'm sure you have some friends who are hoping for the same. But I hope you're all quite elderly when this occurs!!!

BeckyCW