We got the phone call!

kimblanchard

I got the phone call just before 5:00 pm today that our insurance has approved us going to the Cancer Centers of America.

We will be going to the Tulsa location. But - we didn't get the "appointment" phone call with all the dates, details, etc.

Waiting....It's got to be EVIL! :evil:

I'm just relieved knowing they have our insurance verified and that Mike is willing to go.

I'm not telling my real life friends or some of my cyber friends (sans cancer in their life) because they won't understand...and I'm NOT up to debating it with anyone.

My mother came over today and I was showing her the Cancer Centers of America website and she asked...How do you know they aren't quacks?

Now let me ask you...an oncologist that replies "eat children's cereals to get vitamins" to the question - what will Mike's nutritional needs be? Can we give him some supplemental nutrition to help with the chemo.

This "non-quack" in my mom's eyes told me to give Mike Coca Puffs or any of the sugary kids breakfast cereals. :shock:

I'm not even going to LISTEN to negative IGNORANT people anymore. I'm just FED UP! :twisted:

I love my mom...but she's old. :? I mean "quacks"? Would my insurance pay for a hospital and clinic that was QUACKERY?

Shaking my head - I'm running out of energy and patience. I have a splitting headache today - so I'm a little crabby. :x

Hugs to you all,

:lol: When are you going? How long will you be gone? How will we know what is going on? Are you going to keep us posted or do we wait til you get home? So many questions :wink: I pray that they have a new idea up there sleeve. We will try to be patient until we hear exactly what happened. Have a safe trip. Donna PS When you leave feel our hugs and kisses wishing you well.

Shannon:

I am new to the site and my dad had extensive SCLC with liver mets. Just wanted to offer my congrats on you getting some positive news. Best of luck and may God be with you and MIke. You are an inspiration to all of us who are dealing with this demon they call cancer.

Kelleyu

YEA Shannon !!! :) so happy for you and Mike!!;

You are truely an inspiration to us all; will continue to keep you and Mike in my prayers.

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC - stage IIB - left pneumonectomy - 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today! "

Shannon, I wish that my dad would have opted for the CTCof A, they sound AMAZING. I LOVE that they treat not only with standard treatment, but nutritionally, and SPIRITUALLY!! The WHOLE PERSON! What a wonderful thing, being treated as a person with options and a future. I think its so great, you are doing a fabulous job, Shannon. And the fact that Mike is willing to give this the chance it deserves, high five!!! Keep us posted, and you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, deb

Shannon and Mike

Glad to hear your insurance is paying for Mike's care. What a relief that must be for you. At the same time I am sorry you have to hear such negative waves from other folks on what the right thing is for you to do.

I feel you will really get a lot of help for both of you at the Cancer Center.

Good Luck and God Bless

Before I leave for Los Angeles I want to tell you how much I admire you, Shannon. All the leg work you're doing I have had to do for myself. And it's hard. Your husband is a very lucky man. One way or another there are miracles out there for all of us... we just have recognize them when they occur. Best Wishes to you both... Fay A.