Don,

I know many people on Aredia, they were offered Zometa but

refused as Aredia is easier with the side effects and not as hard

on the kidneys.

I don't know first hand, but I see those people on it for 4 to 5 years

and still doing good with it.

Good luck and hello to Lucie.

J.C.

Don - I can't believe you posted this... I just signed on to ask the same question... Daddy had been on Aredia for a year, then 3 months ago they switched him to Zometa (claimed it was better)... anyway, since then, he is progressly fatiqued and feeling depressed. We didn't make the connection until just this morning when I called to check in and Mom said that he had his Zometa on Wednesday and yesterday he couldn't even push the spreader around the yard to lime it. Yet, last week he was shopping all day pushing a cart... I think the Zometa is having negative side effects.... anyone else have any info???? Sharon

PS. He felt great on Aredia

The onc really didn't explain fully why he was changing, but his nurse told us that Medicare prefers Aredia. It obviously must be less expensive! Anyway, I'm glad to read that it seems to be effective also. They are both biphosphonates so would act in the same way on bone strength. Thanks. Don