Has Anyone Ever Felt Like This?

KC

This might sound weird, but today it hit me that I am feeling like it was all just a dream. That the time my father was here on earth with us was just a dream. Is that weird? Of course it's weird! Has anyone else ever felt like that? Do you understand what I mean?

I have feelings like that all the time. Its weird I know and like Katie I try not to go there much. When I find myself getting in a panic because my life with Hugh seems like it might have been a dream and I can't remember him as vividly as I want, I hurry to do something that might take my mind in a different direction. I also keep pictures of him everywhere because sometimes I feel like I can't remember what he looked like.

Wow! I completely understand. I also did this with my dad. Another thing that upsets me is- Will Gianni be remembered 10 years from now by family and friends? I had 2 uncles die the same age as Gianni and I barely remember them. It seems as if the aunts have been widows forever and some were my age when they lost their husbands. Also, now I will be sitting at the widow table at weddings with my 4 aunts and mother(all widows). :x

My 3 children and I still have a hard time talking about him sometimes. Of course I think of him all the time. On Christmas Eve my sister mentioned Gianni and all 4 of us said -Yeah what's for dinner? and blew her off. Then we went back in our denial modes. I guess we have hard time expressing our feelings huh :?:

Rosanne

You know, that "widow's table" is another thing that REALLY bothers me a lot. It seems like every single event means I get seated with the other "widows". Last week I was invited to dinner at a friends house and she invited another widow to come along with me. Nothing wrong with it really, it just bothers me. Also, it doesn't matter that I am 48 and the others are in their 70s. You just can't sit at a table with the married folk.

Candy, Roseanne.... You ladies can sit with us anytime. I HATE having to sit with folks my hubby's age and being called a "baby". So, as long as you don't mind the jokes, there'll always be room for you with me, at the children's table! :wink:

May you find peace and sweet dreams of your lost loves,

Becky

There will be no widows table for me, I will not allow it. I will request in a VERY LOUD voice to be seated in a mixed group.

I include all of my single (widowed, divorced, never married) friends to supposedly 'couples only' events and encourage them to continue to attend these events. We are part of a dinner group and we have one widow. She is invited and attends. Why not??????

Ginny

I have just received some helpful insight.. I wonder if my mom feels that way about the widows being grouped together.. I think I might ask her when the opportunity is there.. I dont think she has been in a situation yet were that has happened.. Thanks Candy for mentioning that...